A drunken anti-vaxxer was kicked off an airplane for his dumb remarks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/26/a-drunken-anti-vaxxer-was-kicked-off-an-airplane-for-his-dumb-remarks.html

9 Likes

“I’m not vaccinated. I will not get vaccinated. I haven’t been vaccinated since I was a little kid. I don’t vaccinate my dogs; I don’t vaccinate my horses. I’ve never had a flu shot — I never will. I believe they compromise your immunities.” - the idiot in question

I’m glad the flight crew had the decency to kick him off the plane. What an asshole

35 Likes

Yellowstone is kind of vapid TV but still a little entertaining. Seems he’s not too different from his character in being kind of dumb and picking his battles poorly.

10 Likes

“Because I told them I didn’t feel comfortable sitting next to someone with a mask on.”

OMG, I never realised that you could catch MaskWearing Disease just by sitting next to someone, thank heavens he alerted people.

41 Likes

The actor continued, “I’m not vaccinated. I will not get vaccinated. I haven’t been vaccinated since I was a little kid.

So what you’re saying is you are almost fully vaccinated. The overwhelming majority of your vaccinations come as a child. Flu and more shots are important, but the ones you get as a child save you from dying most of your life, outside of COVID19.

Vaccines being politicized is a great stupidity of our time.

49 Likes

It took him a while to figure out where he was, but sure, he wasn’t drunk. /s

15 Likes

This. This is an astonishing detail in our current reality.

I generally refer to my ‘rule of stupid,’ which is as follows:

Half of the population is below average intelligence. Two in ten are dangerously stupid. it is the ongoing challenge of civilization to keep those fucking morons on the margins where they can’t hurt the rest of us.

Every once in awhile they stumble bass ackwards into some kind of power and we all pay the price.

15 Likes

Fucker. Rabies is not a joke.

36 Likes

I guess you’ll be riding those horses everywhere now.

12 Likes

All because an orange, narcissistic waste of space with a golden toilet was jealous of the chief infectious disease scientist having a moment of popularity and diverting the spotlight from him.

16 Likes

“But I ain’t drunk. But they throwed me off the plane because I’m drunk.”

If you can no longer conjugate, maybe you are drunk.

10 Likes

I wish it was this simple. Where these kinds of dangers (like misinformation, disinformation, and weaponized narcissism) are concerned, people who are average and above in intelligence are the greatest threats. The kind of people who test very low on the fringes of IQ are almost assuredly not the ones we ought to be blaming here, they simply don’t have that much power or influence really nor the independence to wield it. Our common enemy is Dunning-Krueger and the worst offenders are average but selfish.

We should stop blaming stupidity for the things assholes do because it helps the assholes get away with it. I guess that’s my take.

I’ll see myself out.

25 Likes

There’s a Mile High Club joke in here somewhere, but I’m not touching it.

4 Likes

Heaven forfend this man should ever visit Japan, at any time of year. Mask-wearers are everywhere, especially in the larger cities. For at least the past 150 years, apparently:

Well at least in the subways in Japan, he could try standing.

:roll_eyes:

15 Likes

With most of these, it’s virtue signaling. They vaccinate themselves, their animals, etc. Heck, he probably has someone who handles the horses and as part of their maintenance they would work with the vet to make sure they are vaccinated. Horses aren’t a cheap investment. And pets tend to get a lot of care.

8 Likes

It’s worse than that. When the disease broke out, Trump wanted it to kill people, since he thought they would mostly be urban Democrats. He was actually on the side of the virus, and now has helped ensure humanity will deal with it forever.

15 Likes

Yellowstone is apparently an extremely popular show in what most of us know as the parallel reality of conservative America. I don’t know if it goes far into the kind of anti-vaxx Qnuttery displayed by this actor, but I can see why it might be the kind of production he’d be comfortable with.

2 Likes

I thought he was speaking drunkenese until I looked it up:

Throwed. Houston slang, for being wasted, high, or both.

1 Like

Neither is parvovirus, canine distemper or any of the multiple other highly transmissible diseases pets are susceptible to.

13 Likes

until they drop dead of vaccine-preventable disease.
what a dumbass [this guy].

9 Likes