A Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 3)

9 Likes

It was a night straight out of the fascist playbook ā€” a rambling, unhinged ruler whooping up his cult of personality, spewing nationalistic drivel as his policies only deepen the nationā€™s suffering. Mileiā€™s fans got just what they wanted ā€” the chance to worship their demagogic ā€œkingā€ before retreating to their increasingly miserable lives.

10 Likes

The Celts supposedly had ritual kings that they would lavish care on for a year before ritually sacrificing. Especially during hard times.

Tick-Tock!

14 Likes
7 Likes

Frustrated Jason Segel GIF by NETFLIX

11 Likes

As I continue to say, Cotton ā€“ along with JD Vance and Josh Hawley ā€“ is one of most dangerous fascists in Congress. Theyā€™re a lot more deliberate and conniving than clowns like EmptyG and Boebert.

12 Likes

Iā€™d never considered Cotton as a possible VP, but it makes terrible, terrible sense. I doubt thereā€™s any national politician who craves widespread political violence more than Cotton. Noem is playacting, Greene is a clown, but Cotton goes to sleep at night dreaming of slitting throats.

10 Likes
14 Likes

14 Likes

14 Likes

These groveling grifters will never learnā€¦

10 Likes

PART II: youtube.com/watch?v=mzNpbAlGjrY

PART III: youtube.com/watch?v=tEcBQHu9kvs

7 Likes

I can only hope this kind of coverage continues. I have to believe that self-imposed ignorance is how this kind of shit proliferates. People refuse to oppose it because they convince themselves that ā€œitā€™s just not a real thing.ā€ Iā€™ve seen that personally. Itā€™s why we left our church after the Charlottesville march, when our pastor said in a sermon we ā€œshould bring them donuts and talk to them.ā€ I stood up and told him that was unacceptable. This was not well received.

18 Likes

They didnā€™t bring you donuts and talk to you? :thinking:

17 Likes

In case their were any lingering doubts that Nikki Haley is a horrible, horrible personā€¦

For those who donā€™t want to click through, she wrote ā€œFinish themā€ on some artillery shells.

18 Likes

I was accused of being racist towards white people. I told the pastor afterward that most of his congregation would be marching with the fascists, not against them. He said that was foolish. I pointed out how many confederate flags were on cars in the parking lot. He had no response to that.

21 Likes

Put some ex-lax in those donuts. :wink:

13 Likes

It has been Carrieā€™s church for decades before we got married, so we kept going there. It was shortly after that she said she just never realized how many assholes attended. That and her Facebook stalking talents revealing a lot of them posting racist, homophobic and very unChristian things that made her very much OK with leaving. We have not found a church here that is not infested with fascism, so we just have not returned. :man_shrugging:

23 Likes

No Unitarian church nearby?

10 Likes

In case anyone isnā€™t totally familiar, the UUA has no creed or doctrine. You can define your own theology there, including simply keeping whatever beliefs you had from another church. When I was a member of a UUA church near Kansas City, we had members who were Christian, Jewish, atheist, and Muslim. I highly recommend it for anyone who is looking for a church home, is finding traditional churches too conservative/fundamentalist/fascist, but also doesnā€™t want to change their core beliefs and values. The music tends to be pretty boring and way too white, but thatā€™s the biggest criticism I can make of a UUA church. And if you happen to live near Tulsa, even that criticism doesnā€™t apply (that UUA church merged with a local predominantly Black church when its minister had an epiphany and realized he didnā€™t believe most of the things his denomination did, and when he was kicked out by that denomination, the local UUA church invited him and anyone from his congregation who felt like he did to join themā€¦and about half didā€¦itā€™s now one of, if not the, largest UUA congregation in the country ā€¦ and itā€™s very different from most UUA churches as a result, in a good way).

18 Likes