A Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 3)

The bill requires any reference to the EEZ in law, map, regulation, document, paper, or other record of the U.S. to be named the “Donald John Trump Exclusive Economic Zone of the United States.”

They’re going to need a yuuuge box of Sharpies to doodle “DJTEEZ” on all those maps and stuff.

9 Likes

More like DJTEEZ nutz, am I right?

Sorry, I had to… :grin:

18 Likes

From “the party of Lincoln.” :woman_facepalming:

16 Likes

Yvette Nicole Brown No GIF by Bounce

They’re trying to turn back time on the local level, too:

16 Likes

It was so real that it was difficult to watch.

13 Likes

It always has to be shoved in their faces that the character they thought was the hero was meant to be the villain. Sometimes even that doesn’t help, as in the case of this “hero”:

11 Likes

I need to watch that. Missed it when it came out.

8 Likes

Good Lord! I only watched the first couple episodes of season one, and it was already obvious Homelander was not a good guy, and was an egotistic asshole at every opportunity. How the hell could these guys (probably mostly guys, anyway) miss this, I have no clue.

12 Likes

Good review and context, though with spoilers:

I can’t recommend the movie because of its violence and what I saw as some cartoonishly racist black and Korean caricatures. I think it also lends itself too readily to white MRA victimization fantasies, however ambiguous its message supposedly is.

9 Likes

When one is an unsuccessful schmo who’s bitter about “undeserving” others enjoying the happiness to which one thinks one is entitled as a cis-het white male, a character – fictional or real – who takes license to be a raging arsehole becomes a heroic aspirational figure to one.

These petty men are the support base of MAGA and other fascist movements.

13 Likes
12 Likes

When I saw the ‘you are mere cannon fodder for my cause’ scene, I actively wondered: “Is this the moment when they finally see the writing on the blood spattered wall?”

That it needs to be their own blood (metaphorically speaking) is sadly not surprising.

I mean, two seasons ago, Homelander was all into “Nazi Bae”, and they still didn’t get the fucking message…

14 Likes

:thinking:

Morrissey later apologized to Carroll during a subsequent meeting and claimed that she didn’t know the bag belonged to him.

According to Carroll, Morrissey initially said that she “flicked” water on the bag because she saw a bug on it. But she later added that she didn’t know why she decided to dump water on Carroll’s bag for months on end.

Okay, let’s believe that she didn’t know who’s bag it was when she “flicked” water in it…to drive away a bug. Would she be happy if someone did the same thing with her purse or backpack?

Lord Have Mercy GIF by Digital Pratik

10 Likes

Signifier had a good vid about this a few years back:

10 Likes

Christ, what a nasty weirdo.

“At the end of the meeting, I looked at her and said, ‘You know, this has really fucked me up.’ There were weeks when I didn’t know who was doing this or why,” Carroll said.

“I walked around this place, paranoid of my fellow legislators, racking my brain trying to think, ‘What could I have possibly said or done?’”

Carroll said that he was still weighing whether he should pursue charges against Morrissey for the harassment.

As for whether he forgives Morrissey, Carroll said: “I guess I would have to say yes in the spirit of forgiveness, reluctantly. But if I had to be a smartass, I’d say her apology holds about as much water as my canvas bag.”

:laughing:

He doesn’t have to be a smartass, but he should!

11 Likes

After about the third time, I would have stuck one of those basement leak alarms in my bag. (And then the bomb squad probably would have blown it up,)

6 Likes
12 Likes

“No one noticed?”

There are 13 million views on John Oliver’s Sinclair takedown on Youtube from 6 years ago.

That doesn’t include the people who watched it on HBO.

16 Likes
11 Likes
7 Likes