A Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 3)

The paid (but unlabeled) political advertisement known as Firing Line with Margaret Hoover promotes itself, on the air and on its website, as the same show that William Fuckhead Buckley hosted during the late twentieth century

… but then the last thing on the screen, after the end credits, is a disclaimer that says it has “NO CONNECTION” to the earlier series :confused:

11 Likes

Buckley never would have let a woman host. Wokeness everywhere!

15 Likes

The Right has to constantly rewrite its own history in order to keep its seat at the table

Of course all is forgiven, every time, no matter how wrong they always are about everything

How William F. Buckley, Jr., Changed His Mind on Civil Rights

The man who boasted he purged the conservative movement of ‘kooks’ and bigots was once a strong defender of racial discrimination—even violence. What changed?

13 Likes

What changed?

Maybe it was the butthurt from that time Jimmy Baldwin kicked his ass, in that debate in England?

10 Likes
15 Likes

https://twitter.com/RobertMaguire_/status/1584605102756986880

Jacob Wohl, 24, of Irvine, California, and Jack Burkman, 56, of Arlington, Virginia, face a maximum of a year in prison after they pleaded guilty to a fifth-degree felony charge of telecommunications fraud.

Mind you, they got to use their White cards to cancel 14 other charges.

14 Likes
15 Likes

Oops, somebody didn’t real all of his contract before signing it. :joy:

14 Likes

I’m too important to worry about hubris.

18 Likes

Isn’t that a good working definition for what hubris means?

It’s like the converse of “are you even good enough to have imposter syndrome?”

7 Likes
17 Likes

If only we could have predicted this totally predictable outcome!

19 Likes

Univ hosts a member of a terrorist organization.

What could possibly go wrong? Or right?

11 Likes

They really need to get a philosophy professor there who can inform the administration about Popper’s Paradox.

Then again, this is the same administrative culture that ignored a sexual predator in the athletic department for decades because football, so who knows if they’d listen.

12 Likes

:musical_note:
*in sing song voice:

Lawsuit!

13 Likes
7 Likes

Is that a RATM parody? Had not seen that one previously.

5 Likes

I’m not sure based on which song

The '90s were a long time ago :older_man:

5 Likes

Sometimes he doesn’t parody a song so much as a style. He did the with Devo in I’ll be mellow when I’m dead, IIRC.

5 Likes

Definitely.

5 Likes