A jolly Jen Psaki sings Happy Birthday in the press room while a stony Kayleigh McEnany looks on

Originally published at: A jolly Jen Psaki sings Happy Birthday in the press room while a stony Kayleigh McEnany looks on | Boing Boing

17 Likes

Haters Gonna Hate - BB8, Star Wars

34 Likes

as Captain Picard would say, Psaki is in Command.

22 Likes

Seeing all that goodwill for her successor has got to sting for someone who likely views her adult life as a continuation of a high school popularity contest.

76 Likes

Thanks! Fixed.

7 Likes

If Forbes ever strongly recommended that companies not ever hire me, I’d be stony-faced 24/7. A jolly Jen sing-along (she bettering McEnany in every department imaginable) is a lovely twist o’ the knife.

24 Likes

Kayleigh Smackafanny? Who?

13 Likes

Why the fuck is Kayleigh McEnany in the press room? Hell, why is she allowed in the building?

32 Likes

I thought Putin would’ve recalled her back to Russia by now.

17 Likes

Is she in the room? Or was she just on the monitor (Fox News?) that the camera caught when it pulled back?

Looks like she was waiting to be part of a panel or something?

But yeah, she looked like she just ate some very sour milk.

17 Likes

So nice to see a happy, positive, charming human being with intelligence take the podium as press secretary, instead of the sourpuss, blank-faced, dunderheaded misanthropes that Trump put forward to lie for him under duress.

25 Likes

Given her talent for understatement, I can’t stop wondering what was going on in her mind when she said “Excellent voice. Don’t know what you do with it…”

4 Likes

That’s a very white choir.

11 Likes

i don’t know who filmed that, but that was comedy GOLD.

12 Likes

Anyone associated with the former guy’s administration should be made to feel uncomfortable, unwelcome, and inadequate at every turn.

30 Likes

Nobody likes a sour puss, nobody.

10 Likes

Ah yeah, ok, that actually makes sense. I hadn’t actually watched the video - she’s clearly not there and maybe isn’t even listening to what’s going on, it’s hard to say. I can’t imagine she’s eager to show her face there, so I don’t expect her to be at the White House, even if she did have a legitimate reason to be there (which I also can’t imagine).

5 Likes

That’s Harvard Law School grad Kayleigh McEnany. Another one of the right wing hacks with an inside track at Harvard, along with Tom Cotton, Ted Cruz, Kris Kobach, Elise Stefanik…

Harvard’s affirmative action for miserable people with no unique ideas, no character, and no intellectual heft sure is reflecting well on them.

Harvard rationalizes these goons on the grounds that they somehow add to the diversity of ideas and promote deeper intellectual development all around.

What’s clear is that it’s the exact opposite – when Harvard brings Kris Kobach in, they’re taking away the spot of someone with genuinely interesting and different views. When Harvard rewards Kayleigh McEnany, they make public discourse and the open exchange of ideas noticably harder. All they’re getting are robotic followers of an exhausted ideology, and they’re not simply fading away to become copyright attorneys parsing the uniqueness of a hard seltzer slogans. They’re making the world a significantly worse and uglier place.

57 Likes

THIS

19 Likes

I think that was Psaki wondering what angle reporters would take if they wrote about her saying that.

I think they know, deep down in their shriveled, wretched souls.

9 Likes