White House press secretary: "That would be a question more for the White House."

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/12/white-house-press-secretary-that-would-be-a-question-more-for-the-white-house.html

9 Likes

This has been another edition of Useless Idiots Asking Other Useless Idiots Questions. We’ll be right back after this message from Jeebus Brand Prepper Slop…

53 Likes

That would be absurd! I’m willing to give her the benefit of the doubt: I believe she was suggesting that a Fox News reporter go to the building located at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave and ask it the question.

27 Likes

The bully has our ball and doesn’t want to give it back till we say “pretty please”.

7 Likes

No, no, this is Kayleigh McEnany, the campaign advisor. You need to hold questions like that for Kayleigh McEnany the press secretary.

31 Likes

My suggestion is the press stop talking to these people.

37 Likes

That’s your ONLY job!

19 Likes

There was a great scene from Gotcha! when he’s leaving East Berlin and the German bureaucrat lady tells him he needs to go to the other window to renew his visa before he can leave and so he goes to the other window and she’s there and pretends not to know what he wants.

31 Likes

Well, there it is, plain as day. The people working for the White House do not see themselves as working for the White House (and by extension, the American people).
They see themselves working for Trump, full-stop.

30 Likes

Given the hundreds of times they have violated the Hatch Act without any consequence, this is clear.

27 Likes

Trump is holed up in the Oval Office and nobody really knows WTF is going on. Let’s get real. I know he popped out for a few mins to go to Arlington yesterday, but I still don’t think anybody knows WTF is going on.

I also had another realization, although I guess it shouldn’t be a major breakthrough at this point. Just like Trump had to become the ultimate con man to win attention and inheritance from Ma and Pa, the horribleness of Trump’s offspring, especially Eric, Jr., and Jarvanka, can really be seen as them trying to outdo one another in rabid defense of their father – for the same set of underlying reasons as those that shaped DJT himself.

Aaaahhh… karma.

14 Likes

Reminds me of an old I Love Lucy episode in which Lucy & Ricky get stuck overnight in some podunk town where one guy works all the jobs but will only provide needed services while he’s wearing the appropriate hat.

40 Likes

23 Likes

or this AtLA ep where Shu, Doc and Other Brother all switch hats (it’s tha same guy!)

eta: “thank you, Painted Lady”

14 Likes

Kayleigh McEnany.

The answer to the question: Can someone be more partisan than Sarah Sanders or more incompetent than Shaun Spicer?

18 Likes

Set to old-timey music:

"Oh, she lies o’er the air with the greatest of ease,

The comely young lass with a fat man to please…"

15 Likes

She doesn’t know because he’s very sad because he lost, Fox betrayed him, and the steroid kick is over and his doctor won’t give him any more. He’s probably locked himself in his bedroom, and they’re trying to run the gov’t based on his tweets and occasional text.

13 Likes

Trauma is generational.

11 Likes

Talk to the hand! No, not this hand, the other hand!

7 Likes

She definitely looks like she’s given up.

5 Likes