White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany ‘lies the way that most people breathe’

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/28/white-house-press-secretary-kayleigh-mcenany-lies-the-way-that-most-people-breathe.html

10 Likes

Through her nose? :wink:

13 Likes

Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Kayleigh McEnany should have a lie-off on Fox News. See who can be America’s biggest bamboozler.

15 Likes

The progression:
Sean Spicer → Sarah Huckabee Sanders → Kayleigh McEnany

With each step there has been less shame and greater lying.

___
* Where is Stephanie Grisham? That’s what I was asking during her entire silent tenure!

27 Likes

She’ll have a hard time getting a job working for anyone but the MyPillow Guy.

6 Likes

During GW Bush’s administration we went from Ari Fleischer, who was combative but seemed like an actual press secretary, to Scott McClelland, who was just a bumbling sad sack who got pushed behind a lectern. This seemed like the Bush administration saying to the press “the fact that I chose this guy as press secretary shows how little I think of you.”

6 Likes

Not true! When breathing, most people inhale from time to time. Kayleigh McEnany only sucks.

16 Likes

Yeah, he didn’t seem to fit in well, and he had a long tenure (almost 3 years):

3 Likes

Loving the inevitable Twitter comments that Stelter and Tapper are the ones actually lying, here. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I sense a series of gofundme appeals.

4 Likes

Hahahaha!

27 Likes

“…when you see us, collectively, doing things that seem oddly to promote the continued presence of Trump in as close to the current form as possible.”

Yeah, we may have to stage an intervention with that. We love you, and you gotta get off the Trump crack-wagon and live a normal life. There’s a whole world out there waiting for you to come back.

10 Likes

I would say Trump is planning to just buy OAN or Newsmax, but I doubt if he has the cash. Probably only has 20mil to his name that isn’t a sinking non-liquid investment (or an outright money laundering operation like the golf courses).

4 Likes

Trump’ll start something that’s highly funded by Russia since it does their work for them.

Kayleigh reminds me of the South Park skit where they stuffed food up their ass and shit out of their mouth.

5 Likes

She’s obviously been schooled by ol’ Trumpy boy. Perhaps she was a student of his allegedly non-existent university. Either way, she comes across as a pretty brainless talking head, spouting any old rubbish favourable to the orange one, so as to keep her job.

1 Like

Reminds me of this:

Great book.

5 Likes

Something to bear in mind when you see us, collectively, doing things that seem oddly to promote the continued presence of Trump in as close to the current form as possible.

May I just say: FUCK EVERY FUCKING FUCKER WHO DOES THIS!

Hell’s bells people! That man is a constant drip of hope to the conspiracy spewing hordes trying to tear down democracy and install fascism. DO NOT PROMOTE HIM!

There are other crises in the world. If you can’t fill the news cycle, seek other employment if necessary. I’ll be the first to vote you some retraining funding. But stop feeding the beast.

6 Likes

I thought she breathed through her skin pores… kind of like a cockroach.

5 Likes

Likely true. But “other people” breathe through their noses. :wink:
(Pedant Pendant accepted.)

1 Like

When Sean Spicer came out, as his first act as press secretary, to lie about Trump’s inauguration numbers, it set the stage and lowered the bar for press secretaries in this administration right into the fucking ground. Claiming Kayleigh is somehow not the same as the others feels like a distinction without difference. That they had different strategies for avoiding discussing the truth sure as hell doesn’t make the others better. (“Some of them mixed their lies with also changing the subject completely - what integrity!”) Through this whole administration, I was frustrated they gave any of these shits air time, because it was always pointless. They never answered the questions. Now it’s like: “Sure, everyone from the White House would shit themselves and then start flinging the poop at you, but McEnany’s in a different class - her throwing arm is very strong.”

7 Likes