A juicer that won't make juice unless the produce is marked with special code [Updated]

Did anyone tell @doctorow so he can use this example in a keynote?

2 Likes

Now THAT is some vile stuff!

1 Like

Won’t that destroy all of those precious nutrients generated by the cold-press process?

6 Likes

You’re not supposed to make a toothpaste orange juice smoothie…

4 Likes

Can I watch Netflix on this?

3 Likes

Not juice per se, but I suppose juicy things would tend to happen in their company…

ducks

6 Likes

I wonder if I could sell these folks some expensive stereo cables???

4 Likes

I don’t know if the thread has derailed yet, but it is definitely on a slippery slope…

9 Likes

lol! hahaha

Unlike most expensive stereo cables, there are actually many verifiable reasons to drink fresh cold pressed juice over store-bought juice. They are not even in the same category, to be frank.

1 Like

Picture A + Picture B = Picture C

6 Likes

I’m guessing that Frauenfelder posted this because Cory still isn’t done recovering from the seizure he had when he first read about this.

9 Likes

I don’t know, it says “Imported” on it. IMPORTED!

5 Likes

2 words, Keurig 2.0 (was that 2 words?)

1 Like

Us middle class millenials are not allowed to use SodaStreams any more - they annexed Palestine or something.

4 Likes

New York has interesting recycling laws. You can’t take a NJ purchased can and get a nickel for it. You’ll occasionally see people going through recycling bags looking for NY cans and leaving the rest.

A friend of mine was once at the recycling machine and realized he had some NJ cans he couldn’t use. A homeless guy picked them up and, after taping a NY bar code cut from another can to the machine’s sensor, deposited the NJ cans with no problem.

So I’m saying there’s a way around every automated system.

8 Likes

This kind of thing happens all the time, but very seldom gains any market traction, and constantly struggles with market push back. The two most successful examples are coffee pods and ink jet ink, and even those get a lot of consumer push back.

Obviously in this case there is ZERO risk. Fruits and Vegetables aren’t going away, so there will always be an alternate supply for those who wish to juice their own.

would be good for an office that wanted to supply fresh juice.

Bolthouse carrot juice rocks!

oh god, they are shipping un-refrigerated un-pasturized pre-masticated produce? how long are these packs supposed to be good for? Have they met our friend E. Coli?

I personally use a Omega NC900 HDC which is a low oxygen cold masticating juicer that is continuous feed and that you can put everything from wheatgrass to soft fruit. Cleanup couldn’t be easier, which is what kept me from using my previous juicer as much as i could have.

I recently switched to an aquafloss, which works sooooooo much better then string floss i cannot even begin to recommend enough. i will never go back to string, even Glide.

OJ is actually a weird thing, 100% OJ is not a pure product. They do not require the labeling to include flavor packs in OJ ingredients. Almost all OJ uses them, and NONE list them. There is a growing list of things that can be exempted from ingredient labels or be listed under what is know as alternate labeling (think “spices”, “seasoning”, natural flavors, and other generic label terms.) MSG is often labeled under Modified Food Starch, even though MSG is a salt of glutamic acid, not a starch at all.

oxidization.

4 Likes

I’m thinking Sweden go the better end of that deal.

3 Likes

Exactly. This product thrives in the SF bubble where dotcoms supply all the healthy lifestyle products their employees might need without having to leave the building. And of course the execs who are well paid enough can have one at home too!

1 Like

Visiting the Juicero website:

AS SEEN ON: Goop

What a surprise.

5 Likes