A Karen goes from crotchety to furious when her targets don't fight back

IRL rage-farming, in meatspace, started by toxic media and now an addiction.

I paid a psychotherapist to get the following advice, which I now offer for free here now to y’all:

Don’t. Engage. With. Crazy. People.

AFAICT though we seem to be out in public with more and more them. Ugh. How did people become so very petty? Or does this all come under the umbrella of Racism in Action?

At what point, I wonder, is it prudent if in such a situation to start wondering if they will turn violent, or if they are armed?

So they do get angry, but… that doesn’t provide quite the squirt of adrenaline or whatever they are lacking, unfortunately.

ETA: dopamine? not adrenaline? IANAD but some kinda addiction neurochemistry involvement.

12 Likes

How dare they enjoy life when she doesn’t! /s

12 Likes

I hope her HOA makes her clean up that mess she made!

11 Likes

stay-out-of-malibu

13 Likes

Happy You Good GIF

18 Likes

Maybe people should stop acting like assholes so much?

14 Likes

They want to win a fight, not just win.

5 Likes

I’ve been wondering what the point is supposed to be. It’s not like it’s actual news of value to people folks can act on.

It’s certainly not a wonderful thing that will enrich your world to think about.

All the ‘Did you know someone was a complete jerk?’ posts don’t really seem to have much…point.

It feels very twittery.

8 Likes

Maybe to expose you to the kind of stuff people living in this world in different-colored or gendered meat suits experience on a regular basis?
I mean, if people didn’t share when they had these kinds of experiences, would you believe that this kind of assholery was so rampant? I probably wouldn’t.
It’s infuriating, and certainly not wonderful, but I’d rather know.

23 Likes

Some people literally do not care to know how the rest of us live and would rather ignore it because they feel it’s irrelevant to us, sadly.

16 Likes

Unrequited drama queen?

1 Like
  1. Do not leave the truck door open!
  2. Agreed on the 5 second rule
  3. I definitely would have ended up in jail after this, even though I’m white.
  4. Seriously though…what’s “illegal” about parking there? Come on. Trespassing? BS.
9 Likes

I see these Karen postings as public service announcements.

16 Likes

Excellent advice. Wish I had understood it before I proposed to my first wife.

5 Likes

I can. This sort of behavior doesn’t result in getting the high holy shit beaten out of you very much nowadays. Not that violence is an answer in most situations, but it certainly does lead to a certain level of politeness at times.

5 Likes

xFhDblK

14 Likes

Call the police, comin’ straight from the HOA!
Old Karen got a pissy ‘tude today!

8 Likes

Maybe the Sheriff was hoping to get some tasty lobster roll.

I feel sorry for the lobster here; it didn’t even get a proper send-off. Stupid angry funeral crashers.

5 Likes

She over reacted when she should have just called the police if she was correct about them trespassing.

Are we against private property? Could I just pull onto anyone’s property, set up a makeshift kitchen and have lunch?

The internet suggests this is the place, Palos Verdes Bay Club, it is private property and those guys appear to not live there.

She over reacted but they appear to be trespassing. They also appeared to be filming with a couple cameras on tripods.

That’s classic Karen behavior in a situation where no one is being harmed or in imminent danger, but calling the police could change that:

15 Likes