A Karen goes from crotchety to furious when her targets don't fight back

I mean…sometimes.

But really private property just means it’s up to the owner to decide what is permitted there. It doesn’t mean they have to be a dick about it. If your property has an empty parking lot is empty why do you care who’s there?

11 Likes

That’s quite a leap. I live in a building with a parking lot, and there’s a management number to call for non-residents in the parking lot. That’s not the police. If I were the dispatcher, I would have questions like this:
Where are the people you’re reporting, ma’am?
In the parking lot of the building.
Are they trying to enter the building?
No…
Are they inside a vehicle?
No, they’re cooking food in the back of their truck.
I see. Are they blocking your parking space or preventing you from moving your vehicle?
No, there’s no one else parked there. I just walked over and told them to leave.
Ok, we’ll send someone out to check. In the meantime, please go back inside.
[Makes sure the officer knows this is a low priority, after emergency calls on the list.]

Of course, this assumes that the Karen in this case won’t lie about what the people are doing, because we’ve seen that on video too many times. Their goal isn’t just to call the police, it’s to get somebody arrested or worse.

15 Likes

But the sanctity of the empty parking lot… The precious, holy, parking lot in it’s emptiness… /s

agreeing kevin corrigan GIF

12 Likes

1zj730qqauc21

12 Likes

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

7 Likes

Verily, it is a place of great spirituality and devine grace.
And desecrators must burn, surely.

8 Likes

Worse crime imaginable… stepping foot where one is not authorized… Verily, indeed…

7 Likes

She didn’t want to make friends. She wanted to hurt people.

6 Likes

So now I’m confused.

Nah, that’s stealing money. From rich people.

7 Likes

About what?

3 Likes

How 99.9% of “trespassing” encounters go:

“Hi there! Did you guys know this is private property?”

“No, we did not.”

“Do you have permission to be here?”

“Also no.”

“Alright. I’m asking you to leave.”

“Will do. Sorry about that.”

The guys in the video were cooperating from the get-go. Why create a conflict unnecessarily?

16 Likes

We have a phrase over here for that, auf Krawall gebürstet.

4 Likes

You Are Right Taika Waititi GIF by IMDb

I think it’s that some people enjoy the attention… and they’ve weaponized their sense of self-righteousness so much, that when they get compliance, they have to escalate it anyway to fit with their own sense of their role in preserving right and wrong… It’s at the heart of what “Karens” are all about… they have deemed themselves on the side of justice and they act on that belief, whatever the consequences to others.

In case people don’t get the reference… Bev Keane from Midnight Mass

10 Likes

Not exactly news: you guys always have a phrase (or one long word that would be a full sentence in English) for everything!

9 Likes

Am I getting it right “Brush with riot”?

2 Likes

Close-ish.

One cromulent translation would be “spoiling for a fight” but it loses something in the translation.

Picture someone bristling like a cat that has been brushed against the grain, affronted about some (usually perceived) injustice, and wanting to have an argument about this (and anything else that pops up in their mind while they’re at it) no matter what.

14 Likes

That’s a good one.

Like they have a chip on their shoulder.

3 Likes

Grace under pressure, as I think it’s called.

Ah,yes; the New Puritanism - the lurking fear that someone, somewhere, is enjoying themselves.

5 Likes