A large gang of men from at least 11 states intended to violently disrupt a Pride event in Idaho

Remember how conservatives were all paranoid about busloads of antifa appearing in their towns?

It’s always projection.

24 Likes

The zip ties being around their wrists is the preferable place for them…

Although in a case like this, there’s not even a pretense that that’s what they’re doing, as they know they’re just going to make more headaches for the cops at best.

Honestly, it wouldn’t surprise me if that were the case, though. They spectacularly miss the point/take the opposite message/use references in completely backwards ways all the time.

I remember crowds of armed conservatives standing outside during that time to “protect their town” from imaginary antifa, but in the crowd would be some guy(s) wearing an outfit identifying him as a “Boogaloo Boy” - after members of that group had been arrested for murdering police officers, burning down police stations and planning acts of terror.

13 Likes

They also won’t be allowed to rent from UHaul again. Using the cargo area of a truck for passengers is a violation of the TOS and they will blacklist the renter and passengers from ever renting ao much as a dolly again.

20 Likes

Wellie, wellie, well! Isn’t this fucking interesting:

19 Likes

Lots of alt-right guys up in Palmdale, CA.

4 Likes

Shit like this is only going to get worse until fascists are made to feel afraid to show themselves in public again.

16 Likes

More like a sniper nest on the top of a parking garage…

10 Likes

This is about the 4th time I can think of with them using this tactic. They get one patsy to do the actual rental.So far none of the rental companies have shown a willingness to blacklist all of their known members.

And I’ll add that this group in particular makes an effort to specifically target areas with a lot of the groups they hate. I spent the last year scraping their stickers off of surfaces all over a city that has been a regional LGBT hub for decades. They’ve used this same U-haul technique in Philly and Baltimore.

It plays into their current gambit of labeling all LGBT existence as child sex grooming. The zip ties function are how they tell each other that they are preparing to arrest deviants.

Past history says probably not, for this group. In previous instances they’ve taken a beating and run away without leaping to a nearby weapons cache. I think they knew that enough other Nazi groups would be out there armed that they could count on someone else doing the bulk of the physical violence, though I’m sure they would engage in some beatings if they caught someone alone.

12 Likes

Have all the pathetic nazis (sorry, I repeat myself) in that photo been identified?

5 Likes

Interesting there’s no mention of how they knew a standard Uhaul was carrying sewage.

1 Like

according to npr a person staying at the same motel they used noticed them cramming into the uhaul with all their gear. that person called the police and was like: ummm… so this weird thing happened on the way to my car

yes. both via the photos and now - id imagine - public records

apparently they each can face up to a year in jail, and some hefty fines.

( to me, jail seems best. actual prison would probably introduce them to yet more white supremacist gangs. i just hope they are found guilty and have to serve the whole time )

7 Likes

I’m not a lawyer or their lawyer; but am I correct in understanding that making threats over a probably-interstate telephone network could be a bad idea?

It looks like Idaho might also object even if they manage to find a purely intrastate telephone link as well.

5 Likes

I’m betting that the cops are cursing that caller since now they’d have to act on the information.

9 Likes
8 Likes

And DC. :rofl:

The threshold would have to be very high. When things aren’t going well, they do retreat and run away. Bringing in guns and shooting people would have the FBI land on them from a great height – if they couldn’t claim self-defense or some other excuse.

3 Likes
11 Likes

KREM-TV in Spokane reported several smaller groups turned out to protest the gathering, with dozens of individuals seen carrying guns on the fringe of the park in what organizers said was an attempt to intimidate those attending the LGBTQ event.

Hm.

10 Likes

Someone posted tweets about this in another topic that stated the cops were overheard telling the people with guns they wouldn’t be hassled with.

12 Likes

Yup. Them supremists never look like the superior specimens they claim to be. Eesh!

6 Likes

Are you telling me that that’s not 100% USDA Prime Master Race right there?

I know that mugshots aren’t a flattering genre; but even so.

9 Likes