A Louisiana judge blames her apparent racism on sedatives

Originally published at: A Louisiana judge blames her apparent racism on sedatives | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I say judge her on the same basis she judges others.

16 Likes

Sedatives generally won’t make you scream anything since that’s not the stated function of such medications. Racism and/or bigotry, on the other hand, definitely can result in screaming racist things in a fit of anger.

Remove this woman from the bench, and review all decisions she’s made involving defendants who are POC.

34 Likes

Hm. Doesn’t matter how drunk or high I am, that word wouldn’t pass my lips. It simply isn’t in my used vocabulary, which is what people draw from when inebriated. Particularly when inebriated and pissed off, we humans go for the cuss words we use regularly, either out loud or in our thoughts.
I’m white. That word isn’t for me to use. All white people need to understand that every use of the n-word by someone who isn’t Black is racist, in and of itself. Especially from white people.
For the judge to use the n-word while sedated and angry means she uses when she is perfectly sober. Otherwise, it wouldna popped out of her mouth, the liar.

22 Likes

(With a bit of a mind flip)
You’re into the time slip
(And nothing can ever be the same)
You’re spaced out on white nationalism
(Like you’re under sedation)

Nope, just doesn’t scan.

3 Likes

Sounds like this judge needs a different kind of chill pill.

Screenshot_20211215-101015_Brave

15 Likes

I mean, who doesn’t cackle loudly when they’re sedated, right?

/s

5 Likes

Isn’t the difference between burglary and robbery that robbery involves violence or threat of violence to steal property whereas burglary is usually just people breaking in some place to steal stuff?

2 Likes

In all honesty, I have enjoyed a good cackle while under sedation.* No racism though.

ETA: *So I am told. I don’t actually rememeber the incident

6 Likes

15 Likes

Sounds Familiar

2 Likes

Hear, hear!

3 Likes

Yes, like alcohol, drugs like this actually loosen our inhibitions, allowing all those thoughts we keep tamped down in public to run free.

Now I’m remembering the time I woke up from anesthesia and tried to enact the “Do you concur?” scene from Catch Me If You Can, except I was the one concurring.

7 Likes

Most people use the terms buglary and robbery interchangeably but they are different things under the law. Burglary involves breaking into private property, like a car or business or house, with the intent to commit a crime. While robbery involves theft of things from a person using force. Robbery is considered a crime against a person while burglary is a crime against property. A lot of times, the two will overlap in the same criminal incident.

Edited: ack, I made a mistake. Burglary can occur if a person/victim is there. It means entering a place without permission with the intent to commit a crime.

5 Likes

If you need to be in perfect mental state to stop yourself from mouthing racist epithet, you are already pretty racist. :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

It’s also alarming that the whole family feels comfortable throwing around the N-word like it’s nothing, too.

What a crap mom and role model.

11 Likes

This family’s very common backstage racism came out on center stage. Too bad for them that a camera caught it.

10 Likes

Wow, magic racism in a bottle. I bet she didn’t even KNOW the n-word until the pills programmed it into her mind.

7 Likes

In vino veritas

1 Like

2 Likes