A religious gentleman takes over a plane with his Christian preaching (video)

And then you could shoot him! It’s da law.

fire metal GIF

7 Likes

Unh… Check facts please. Chartered flight - passengers were members of Kingdom Realm Ministries
NY Post has the story - can’t seem to embed links but seek and ye shall find…

What’s a little transubstantiation between friends?

2 Likes

The 2nd video posted was from the Kingdom Realm guys, and they were just on a regular Easy Jet flight. This is also the one that the New York Post was talking about. These Kingdom Realm guys are the geoup that is busy proselytizing to Ukrainian refugees.

Havent found anything about the first video. It does looks like a wide-body aircraft so possibly an overseas flight

You can spell out links even though you cant directky post them yet.

Welcome to BoingBoing!

11 Likes

What’s unsettling about this clip, however, isn’t the fact that someone would be so arrogant as to think they have the right to shove their brand of thinking onto everyone else, but that the passengers got sucked into his proselytizing

This must be a set-up. As the camera scans, not one person gives a WTF? face to his fellow passenger. I can tell you any flight I am on, we would all be giving WTF? faces to each other. The airline/stewards wouldn’t allow this outright proselytizing unless there was some coordination.

These passengers are: all on a tour group to Jerusalem; or all just got back from the same CPAC convention; or are all from Wichita, Kansas.

And I thought there was no way to make economy class worse.

Didnt even think of that. These religious types are ones mostly likely to be vaccinated by conspiracy theories and least likely to be vaccinated by vaccines.

To add to “Religious Beliefs to Unlearn”: People who refuse to be “saved” are the enemy

4 Likes

i mean even if he wasn’t yelling or getting in someone’s way, the airlines don’t let you sell life insurance or mary kay to other passengers, or even hand out marketing swag bags - i don’t see why this would be any different.

5 Likes

Proselytizing isn’t to win converts. The proselytizer faces rejection over and over, and it strengthens the bonds between church members, as they all have a shared experience. And it puts distance between the church and others, so that if anyone leaves, it’ll be harder to do.

12 Likes

To be delivered at the same pace as Mr Jackson’s Ezekiel 25:17.

Might calm 'em down a bit.

I often wonder to myself “What is it with Americans and Jesus?” and then I remember - it was colonised by every type of religious fruitcake that Europe could no longer tolerate.

6 Likes

I’m guessing ending any phrase with “bom-bom” on an airplane would also “not go over well.”

You mean people fleeing actual violence and persecution? Those people? Leaving ACTUAL theocratic states to a religiously tolerant state? THOSE people?

7 Likes

Europeans out of North America!

6 Likes

The main thing is that you wouldn’t be able to hear flight announcements during the “sermon,” or whatever that was supposed to be.
Doing something like this is just so completely inconsiderate. It puts the flight crew, who are there for passenger safety first and foremost, in a horrible position.

5 Likes

Since Ilhan Omar voiced her displeasure with it you can be sure that this will now become a regular thing with the conservative crowd. With the the mask mandate lifted they need a new way to be obnoxious on airplanes. Omar just showed them the way. I’m glad for noise canceling headphones.

1 Like

They never would have done this if she didn’t speak about it after they did this.

12 Likes

Yes. Always blame the Muslim for the overly loud and obnoxious Christians… /s

15 Likes

They will be doing it more now.

1 Like

They would do it anyway. Stop blaming the Democrats for the actions of right wing religious assholes.

12 Likes