A round up of breitbart - abandon hope all ye who enter

Breitbart is getting the wobbles. Hope is still not encouraged in this thread but you might be permitted a stoic grunt of approval. They’re not saying anything they can’t take back yet, but the honeymoon period is over and they’re wondering aloud why Trump doesn’t look at them like he used to before they were married. What do you mean you don’t like Bannon hanging around any more? You said you liked Bannon.

Obviously the delicate sensibilities of a woman are required to mend the relationship, and to that end breitbart have employed the scary skeleton lady.

####Ann Coutler: Lassie, Come Home

Lassie is Trump, to be clear, which is maybe not a bad name for him if you’re trying to sound sympathetic to a Trump supporter. Poor lost lassie, stuck in the swamp and slowly drowning.

Trump’s Syrian misadventure is immoral, violates every promise he ran on, and could sink his presidency.

Left to his own devices, uncontaminated by Washington group-think, Trump gets it right.

I’d have put it more that he talked a lot of fantastic bullshit he now has no idea how to follow through with, but ok. The main point of the article is to look at old Trump tweets and quotes and compare them with his actions as president, and I mean, fuck, breitbart, are you sure you want to encourage that sort of behaviour?

But you know who’s really to blame for all this mess? It’s us! Hey guys, we’re on the breitbart! Hi Ann!

While most of the left wailed about the return of Nazi Germany under Trump, savvier liberals saw his vulnerability: flattery. All we have to do is praise him! You’ll be shocked at how easy it is.

And, boy, did they lay it on thick with the Syrian misadventure. No sucker’s bait was left on the floor. Cable news hosts gushed, “Trump became president of the United States tonight!”

Please stop manipulating Trump everyone, he is not a toy he is a serious tool.

The next most popular story is Ann Coulter: Trump’s Syria Strike ‘Very Strange’. It’s a video, watch it yourself if you like videos so much, geez. This is a free service.

Number three:

Is Bannon in peril? Trump comments worry his populist base

They worry the Mercers, is what I think they want to say here. There’s nothing new but it’s very clear which side they’re taking.

The unusual public, lukewarm support from the boss has Bannon’s friends and advisers worried he will soon be out of a job. But shedding Bannon would be no simple staff shake-up. More than any other member of Trump’s orbit, the former media executive and radio host, known as a bare-knuckle political fighter, has a following all his own. He is viewed by many in the conservative core as the ideological backbone in a White House run by a president who boasts of his flexibility.

Seven thousand comments on that one, everything from “Bannon is in tune with we, the people, who elected Trump. Jared is not” from somebody with a peaceful Jesus avatar to “Trump is acting like an insecure cuck” from Anime Nazi trolley 3000. Of the comments I bothered to trawl through there’s all of one guy defending Trump to the hilt, and he’s working hard for not many likes.

Breitbart comments change tone significantly from one thread to the next, I guess people who like Trump mostly stick to the positive articles while people having doubts will pile into the negative articles, which is why it’s so interesting to see breitbart giving the doubters so much air and why it’s interesting to see that the four most popular articles are all Trump-negative. Which brings us to number four:

The Latest: Trump says NATO ‘no longer obsolete’

Trump talked a lot of shit about NATO, but once sat in a press conference with the NATO Secretary General he didn’t have the front to repeat any of it. The seven thousand comments on this article strive for a deeper understanding and mostly decide this is to do with Bannon’s estrangement.

An interesting highlight from the comments:

Trump is a huge disappointment, but what is worse is how Breitbart.com has forsaken their values to now propagate for Trigger-happy Trump the CFR hand-puppet.

Breitbart have got a tiger by the tail, don’t they? They can steer it so much but if it really decides it wants to eat Trump, they’ll have to let it eat Trump if they want to keep the breitbart bandwagon together. I guess if it comes down to it though they can just buy another populist right-wing rag.

7 Likes

8 Likes

Breitbart’s really been banging the gong in the Kushner vs. Bannon “war”. Sample:

The revelation came amid reports that a New York City set with a history of friendly ties to the Democratic party is gaining traction in President Donald Trump’s White House, much to the chagrin of conservative commentators. Members of the Kushner family itself donated large sums to Democratic causes until a few years ago, and Jared has reportedly been accused of being “a Democrat” by more nationalist and populist factions within the White House. Another oft-cited member of this NYC-clique is the Director of Trump’s National Economic Council, registered Democrat and former Goldman Sachs executive Gary Cohn.

Willful blindness that Trump himself wasn’t a Republican until relatively recently.

/popcorn

(The comments have so many layers of driving trollies that it’s hard to judge the mood.)

9 Likes

Remember, everyone is a victim, even those in the highest levels of power.

6 Likes

That’s a particularly bizarre blind spot that shows idolatry at its worst. I’ve seen multiple conversations along these lines:
“Jared is just a Demon-crat cuck! A fox in the henhouse! He’s undoing Bannon’s goals by pretending to be a Republican!”
“You do know that until not too long ago, Trump was a registered Democrat who believed strongly in universal healthcare, abortion rights, and supported Hillary financially, right?”
“That’s just evidence that people can change!!”

10 Likes

I was wondering who was paying for the parade of Republicans and meat at Berkeley. The college Republican students sure weren’t paying the speaker fees for MILO and Ann Coulter, which are supposed to be $100,000+.

Breitbart finally snitched on where the money was coming from:

“Young America’s Foundation, BridgeCal and Berkeley College Republicans have been working together to produce a lecture at UC-Berkeley on April 27, 2017, by Ann Coulter

As I said, I didn’t think it was students. I don’t know who “BridgeCal” is, but the Young Americas Foundation certainly has the money:

Hmm. They do “grassroots” lobbying too. Their active directors make pretty good money for a “charity”.

Obviously they’re going to keep spending to send the most offensive reactionary Right to Berkeley and other places, using the students to front for it (might check the student union rules on that), in order to keep sparking further protests that they can use for advantage with their audience.

6 Likes

Wow, the colleges need to get schooled on what is going on with that crap.

8 Likes

Yeah, back in my day, the off-campus groups using student groups as fund-raising fronts were the Marxist El Salvadorian rebels. Rightdroids are creepier.

8 Likes

A good read:

6 Likes

Tongiht, in Breitbart Bingo…

Under the V, Victim Blaming.

Under the V, Victim Blaming.

Former Breitbart News Executive Chairman and White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon says that he warned former Fox News CEO Roger Ailes that star anchor Megyn Kelly is “the devil” and that she would “turn” on him.

In July 2016, Kelly was reportedly instrumental in Ailes’ ouster from the cable news network after she accused him of sexual harassment.

The odd thing is, they’re claiming this is based of a story in Politico, which has no resemblance to Breitbart’s piece, and is actually worth reading. (See akimbo_not just above.)

5 Likes

It seems like MILO’s time in the penalty-box for being in favor of non-consensual underage sex is over at Breitbart.

Now he’s planning to Occupy Berkeley.

I’m not in favor of punching him (or a lot of people), but seeing him pepper-sprayed by campus police might be okay. I’ll think about it. Think. Yah, that’d be okay.

6 Likes

I think we can use Milo’s free speech week against him. Just keep asking his supporters if they are OK with people having sex with underage people over and over again. If anyone asks about them say they are the supporters of a self-acknowledged pederast.

I know that on the libertarian-left there are a lot of groups who refuse to have anything to do with Hakim Bey after his support of NAMBLA. It’s only fair that we hold the far-right to the same standards.

5 Likes

Good luck. The mantra is that those accusations have been “debunked.” Just another way the RWNJ’s have inducted a term into their bizzaro universe were up is down, left is right and freedom is slavery.

4 Likes

It should also be fair to ask who is sponsoring MILO’s expeditionary force to Berkeley. He lost his Breitbart job, his speaking tours seem to have dried up (claimed $1M/tour, $100K/engagement), his book was canceled. He’s claimed that he pays his staff $1M/year, so he’s not doing this for nothing.

Another question would be: Have any on-campus groups, like the Berkeley College Republicans, actually invited him? After Ann Coulter was cancelled, I rather doubt that. So this isn’t a free speech issue, this is an annoying guy who wants to rant in your living-room at 3am. I really hope the black bloc antifas don’t engage them. This looks like a job for plain old law & order, and the videos of Milo and his supporters being arrested by police and hauled away would be delicious.

6 Likes

I’m not sure how you can “debunk” something Milo’s quoted (on camera) saying multiple times, doubling-down on his support of having sex with 14-year-old boys.

Then again, I also think that’s kind of a strange line in the sand to draw after all of the other horrible things the guy did and said. Is theoretical sex with a theoretical 14-year-old somehow exponentially worse than actually doxxing people to destroy their life or being an actual Nazi who encourages violence?

6 Likes

Oh wow, did you see how the wikipedia entry soft-peddled his views on NAMBLA! WTF! It made it all about children’s sexuality, not abuse!

3 Likes

It’s a bit… awkward when a popular or lauded author is also someone who openly supports things that are very repellant for most people. Robert Anton Wilson and Alan Ginsburg both openly supported NAMBLA, but HOWL still gets taught in schools as a classic of modern poetry (as it should).

The Bannon Blues

Wait for it…

"It’s all but official that the so-called “border adjustment tax” is dead. It’s the centerpiece of Paul Ryan’s House Republican tax plan, and it would raise more than $1 trillion over 10 years by hiking taxes on imports. Nationalists in the White House, including Steve Bannon, love the idea. They see it as an American nationalist tax — hindering foreign importers and helping companies that build stuff in America. But it looks like opponents of the idea, a group that includes about the entire U.S. Senate, have won on this one. "

4 Likes

Milo is doubling-down on his Occupy Berkeley, calling for his own private army to accompany him.

Fine, hold him legally responsible for any violence by his gang, plus clean up.

It’d be tempting to let him and his bunch pitch tents, and watch them try to live in them for a week. (Close off their access to any campus facilities for water and toilets.) No bullhorns or PAs allowed either: Mic check!

Naturally keep a watch for MILO ducking out to spend nights at a five star hotel.

Send snacks!

“We will ensure that Ann and others can speak and we will publicly, ritually humiliate UC Berkeley for its failure to meet its legal obligations until conservative speakers no longer fear violent mobs just for exercising their First Amendment rights,” Milo concluded. “Berkeley is going to become the free speech capital of the United States once again. I will make sure of it.”

Does his ritual involve cheese pizza?

I expect that MILO will play it carefully right to the edge, in the same style as the Westboro Baptist Church did: Looking for an excuse to sue, while avoiding charges. His followers? Not so much.

3 Likes

Immediately followed by:

Comments seems to be blaming those lefty Murdochs.

9 Likes