A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

That account gives me hope. I fully expect the administration to disintegrate under the combined forces of ignorance and backstabbing, possibly within a mere few days. It remains to be seen what happens from there.

8 Likes
16 Likes

Could that actually work!?

4 Likes
10 Likes
16 Likes

Are you referring the pirate station in Seattle or are other cities playing FDT on permanent loop as well?

That’s kind of brilliant. How could he not be distracted?

ETA: Combined back to back posts.

9 Likes

Referring to the one in Seattle.

I have a shitbox rental car while my car is in the shop and it only has terrestrial radio on it so I was flipping through the channels and when I hit 101.9 it was playing FDT on a continual loop. This morning it was still playing. so I got curious and looked it up:

Now while I’m all for this as an act of resistance, there is a dark side to this (because of course there is). If you’re like me when you hear the term pirate radio you think someone – likely with a unkempt beard that probably drives a brown van with curtains over the windows – on a hill with a high gain antenna and homebrew equipment jamming existing frequencies with their own broadcast. Unfortunately it appears in this case there was a targeted hack on community FM stations across the US that didn’t take proper precautions to secure their equipment.

This is actually kind of sad – it’s not sticking it to the FCC or those fuckers at Clear Channel, it’s hurting community run stations.

12 Likes

Well crap. That’s not cool. I applaud the effort but not the tactic.

6 Likes

I fantasized, on Inauguration day, of Anonymous taking over the giant monitors over Trump’s stage and playing that first speech from V for Vendetta:

15 Likes

Could I suggest that everyone who has a Twitter account send @RealDonaldTrump a note?

16 Likes

Mandate?

He doesn’t care, he’s in the job. And if he runs and loses in 2020, he’ll just rationalize that he didn’t need to run again, since he’d already MAGA.

“And since I achieved all my goals as President in one term, there was no need for a second. The End.”

Tweeting him wouldn’t work anyway, I block trollies so he wouldn’t see it.

9 Likes

FYI, for academics here:

https://notoimmigrationban.com/

And for ATLliens, tomorrow at the airport:

https://www.facebook.com/events/370576413312630/

8 Likes

Hedgehogs United Against Trump is picking up a bit.

26 Likes

I wish I could be there.

Is there a list somewhere events not in Atlanta?

1 Like

I don’t know, I’m afraid. I got sent this from a group I’m sort of loosely working with from school. Maybe someone else has a link for events in other places?

4 Likes

5 Likes

My new favorite sign…

21 Likes
6 Likes

Time magazine covered a speech Mikhail Gorbachev gave in December in which he warns the world of what’s to come: Mikhail Gorbachev: ‘It All Looks as if the World Is Preparing for War’.

And that was a month before the inauguration.

10 Likes

21 Likes