A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

My favorite handle of the bunch:
@viralCDC

17 Likes
17 Likes

17 Likes

20 Likes

15 Likes

@crenquis, I owe you my personal thanks for this thread. I’ve felt scattered and helpless these past couple weeks (and especially the last six days) by the change in political weather here in the States, my thoughts encircling the questions ‘When to leave?’ and ‘Where to go?’.

I haven’t stopped thinking about these questions but your thread and the contributions here now have me more focused on the questions ‘How I can fight back?’ and ‘How can I help those most vulnerable?’.

This morning, I found myself singing this song, which now resonates with me stronger than ever before:

you know the way that things go
when what you fight for starts to fall
and in that fuzzy picture
the writing stands out on the wall
so clearly on the wall

send out the signals deep and loud

and in this place, can you reassure me
with a touch, a smile - while the cradle’s burning
all the while the world is turning to noise
oh the more that it’s surrounding us
the more that it destroys
turn up the signal
wipe out the noise

send out the signals deep and loud

man i’m losing sound and sight
of all those who can tell me wrong from right
when all things beautiful and bright
sink in the night
yet there’s still something in my heart
that can find a way
to make a start
to turn up the signal
wipe out the noise

19 Likes

@Garymon recognized the need and @Melizmatic provided the perfect statement.

18 Likes

@crenquis, @Garymon, and @Melizmatic: thanks for reminding some of us what we’d forgotten about ourselves.

16 Likes

26 Likes

All we have is each other.

*hugz

16 Likes

There’s also the not-glamorous job of making sure there’s an opposition party.

I’ve been going to monthly Letters to the Editor “club” meetings at the local Democratic Party office. We’ve had five or six letters published since the election; two of those were mine!

Went to the actual party meeting last evening. Feisty and angry; lots of Roberts Rules of Order arguments over resolutions and amendments. Still a lot of bitterness between the Bernie and Hillary supporters, but they’re angrier about Trump’s latest abominations. There’s an informal party for the sides to vent at each other. Also heard from an actual state legislature, about the hard work of balancing budgets and mandates and needs. It was very interesting to see an actual working politician talking about actual running of government.

I think I’ve posted elsewhere about Indivisible. They now have a page where you can look up civic activist groups. The local Move On group joined them; also locally are environmentalist, Angry Women, LGBTQ and other groups, so you can find one you’re comfortable with.

14 Likes

I don’t want to get overly pedantic, but he is my president, which is to say, he’s supposed to be working for me, for all of us. And instead we got, aw sheesh don’t let me get started. :frowning:

Anyway, Imma make more pussyhats now, because I probably should do something with my hands other than mime wringing necks

11 Likes

A local radio station (or pirate station - not sure which but it didn’t have a huge range) has been looping FDT uncensored non-stop.

11 Likes

Good one!

6 Likes

Made me giggle out loud…

24 Likes

Yes, please; more pussy hats.

Also this is obligatory:

*Puppet courtesy of drag queens Alaska Thunderfuck & Lineysha Sparx

13 Likes

post=sentence

9 Likes

I’m not sure if this has been posted yet, or whether or not it’s real, but here’s another rogue Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/RoguePOTUSStaff

No onebox, of course. :rage:

Edited to add one of the tweets, which will create a onebox (thanks @codinghorror!)

14 Likes

34 Likes

I read this one last night. It’s really fun/sad.

3 Likes