A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

Although lengthy, calling him “Fake President Trump, Loser of the Popular vote by nearly 3 million votes” is what we use around the house.

10 Likes

Why you don’t make small talk with barbers:

12 Likes

That is awfully long. I just use the near acronym fffpppppppptttt!

7 Likes

I seriously do not get having no position on this. Even if an elected congress person had an initial, “what are all the protest for, I seriously don’t understand” response, it should not take more than 30 minutes to get up to speed.

News agencies should badger them until they define their position.

6 Likes

I’m honestly shocked Manchin hasn’t come out for it.

1 Like

This should be sent to a much longer list than congressional republicans.

2 Likes

That is very true. Plenty of Dems out there who need spine implants.

9 Likes

We’ve trimmed it down to “that fucker” at our place.

10 Likes

Protests at American embassy in Ottawa Canada closes the embassy
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/trump-protest-travel-ban-ottawa-u-s-embassy-1.3954640

11 Likes
22 Likes

This was great:

12 Likes
14 Likes

Wow, it really was!

"You will NOT be successful in trying to convince Americans, or any other world leaders for that matter, that somehow there is something “wrong” with the rest of us because we don’t see the world through your warped prism of “win/lose,” ‘biggest, best-ever, largest, greatest, incredible, fantastic, first, only ever’ and “no one can do it like me.”

You expose your insecurities and embarrass yourself when you speak in this manner, and your behavior forces many people to examine you in an unflattering light. Your words and actions appear to be classic “projection” on your part, revealing the following personality traits:

• Small, like when you argue about the size of your hands.
  • Petty, like your public humiliation of Mitt Romney.
  • Insecure, like how you take people around with you to clap and cheer for you.
  • Obsessed, like disrespectfully talking about inaugural crowd size at the CIA Memorial Wall.
  • Deceptive, like directing Sean Spicer to report false information or allowing Kellyanne Conway to use the term “alternative facts” to explain falsehoods, as if we’re living in the society of 1984’s Oceania.
  • Devoid of empathy, like your inability to seemingly understand the pain and anger you have inflicted by your words and actions on women, Muslims, Mexicans, African-Americans, disabled individuals, the LGBTQ community and many others."

More like this, please!

15 Likes

What really resonated with me was the plea for leadership through actual human to human interactions rather than through Twitter blasts.

9 Likes

Also really good, though it’s probably going to fall upon deaf ears:

"…try this strategy for a week – less tweeting at or about people, more talking directly to and with real people about real issues that actually matter to most Americans.

Please resist the almost uncontrollable urge you have to publicly rant about whatever obsessions are rattling around in your own mind about yourself, your self-image or your self-importance.

Your diehard followers still adore you, the election is over, you won and now it is your turn, whether some like it or not, to sit in the White House as the 45th President of the United States of America.

It’s now time for you to govern on behalf of the entire 325 million of us in America, and reassure the rest of the world that the gaslight period has ended.

The campaign is over. It’s time to govern for ALL America."

9 Likes

14 Likes

I’ve been calling all morning; the line is perpetually busy.

I’m hoping that’s a good sign and I’ll keep trying to get through…

13 Likes

I got through this AM. I thanked the woman who answered the phone. She said they get 1300-1500 calls a day. I asked what it was say last April: 30.

15 Likes

That’s encouraging.

8 Likes

FYI: companies that retail Trump stuff:

8 Likes