A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

Yeah, we’ll see. Lots of people are pleading out, except Roger Stone.

7 Likes

Barr’s quick decision that there was no obstruction is going to cause a lot of suspicion - it looks bad that he so quickly let trump off the hook. His letter said Rosenstein was in on that decision, and I’d like to know if that was so, or a decision handed down to him and mentioned in the letter to make the decision appear more legitimate. What does Rosenstein think?

This writer at Slate feels Rosenstein had a conflict of interest after being forced by trump to make excuses for firing Comey. I don’t know what to think - its suspicious until we can read the whole report.

5 Likes

House Committees are not buying it:

Looks like a fight is coming. trump has stacked the DOJ and SCOTUS in his favor - we saw this coming.

WashPo thrown’ shade on the call:

8 Likes

Why it would ever be legal to change the rules of a political office between election and signing-in is beyond me. Whether it’s a team helping “their own” or a team hurting their “opponent” nothing good could come of it. If those legislative changes mattered, you would have made them before then. Even if pre-election polling shows a likely or even pretty-certain victory of one or the other, at least make them risk something being anti-democratic shits.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Interesting discussion on MSNBC with William Holder where he lays out the precedent from Nixons special council and Clinton’s special council - in both cases the counselor did not make a determination, and the report was passed on to Congress to make the determination. Note - in both cases the AJ did not make the conclusion before sending any info to Congress. Imagine how convenient it would have been for Clinton if Reno simply said - nothing to see here. But I get the distinct feeling now that Barr is acting out of place, and we are witness to an attempted cover-up.

5 Likes

At this point I am afraid he has a free, clear path to reelection.

stoooooooooppppp

5 Likes

ygrittelaughs

2 Likes

Fuck that defeatist noise.

5 Likes

Amen!! He won with a minority of a minority, and largely due to the fact that most assumed he was dead in the water. We must not let that happen again. And self-defeatist rhetoric is almost as bad as “I don’t need to vote, it’s a done deal.”

7 Likes

It’s still more than 600 days to go, and we’re living in the most ludicrous reality one could conceive of; literally almost anything can happen between now and then.

‘Just lay down and die’ is some bullshit mentality that I just can’t fuck with.

11 Likes

If you really want to get down to the brass tacks, he won because of Comey’s extremely late letter which had one of he few measurable impacts in the polls. Because that’s how narrowly he won. It’s also why you shouldn’t trust the FBI and DoJ to be better than procedural, and the story doesn’t end with Barr since it’s a Democratic controlled house.

I’m more curious to see how the Presidential campaign gets shaped by it since I don’t think Biden had literally anything else planned for his campaign.

9 Likes

It will not see the light of day in the Senate, but it is important symbolically.

11 Likes

Putting this in “Resistance” because she’s given us a template.

This is what more of us need to do, especially those of us with more privilege to shield us.

6 Likes

12 Likes
13 Likes

I guess that’s a judge he hasn’t managed to replace yet.

10 Likes
5 Likes

For What It’s Worth

9 Likes