A Round Up of Resistance to Trump

God damn obstructionist Democrats, right?

“Senate Republicans are on track to finish writing their draft health care bill this evening, but have no plans to publicly release the bill, according to two senior Senate GOP aides.”

“We aren’t stupid,” said one of the aides. One issue is that Senate Republicans plan to keep talking about it after the draft is done: “We are still in discussions about what will be in the final product so it is premature to release any draft absent further member conversations and consensus.” -Axios

Apparently in 'Murica peasants can’t handle the truth. Citizens are getting screwed. 45 said he wouldn’t touch Social Security but, I have a feeling that if he did this is the way it will go down.

Not resistance to Trump per se, but with Sessions, the shoe fits.

In January, rumors swirled that the art collector and patron Agnes Gund had sold her prized 1962 Roy Lichtenstein “Masterpiece” for a whopping $150 million, placing it among the 15 highest known prices ever paid for an artwork.

Ms. Gund is confirming that sale now, revealing that she parted with the painting (for what was actually $165 million, including fees) for a specific purpose: to create a fund that supports criminal justice reform and seeks to reduce mass incarceration in the United States.

This new Art for Justice Fund — to be announced Monday at the Museum of Modern Art, where Ms. Gund is president emerita — will start with $100 million of the proceeds from the Lichtenstein (which was sold to the collector Steven A. Cohen through Acquavella Gallery).

Congressman Brad Sherman Circulates Proposed Article of Impeachment: Obstruction of Justice
(Sherman represents San Fernando Valley, California)

https://sherman.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/congressman-sherman-circulates-proposed-article-of-impeachment-0

Link to pdf draft Articles of Impeachment

Screencap:

Is it too late to write a book called: Impeachment for Dummies
Because the double entendre makes me smile.

YOU’RE INVITED! (For all you NoVaDCMd folks)
Hold Attorney General Jeff Sessions Accountable at Tuesday’s Senate Hearing!

WHERE: HART SENATE OFFICE, ROOM 216 (CONSTITUTION AVE. & 2ND ST, NE, WASHINGTON, D.C.)
WHEN: ARRIVE BY 2 P.M. (HEARING IS 2:30 P.M. TO 5 P.M.)
WHAT:
SENATE INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE HEARING WITH ATTORNEY GENERAL JEFF SESSIONS

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is testifying before the Senate Intelligence Committee, following the revelations of a shocking third meeting that he had with the Russian ambassador but lied about, under oath during his confirmation hearings.

The American Civil Liberties Union has called for people who want the truth about Trump to show up to the hearing to display our outrage.

DEMAND THE SENATE HOLDS SESSIONS ACCOUNTABLE ON RUSSIA!

Now THAT is heroic! Brava, madam!!

Just think how much a kick starter would raise?

If we hit the next stretch goal we will have Trump do a Cersei naked walk of shame through DC. Everyone at the Liberal Snowflake contribution level and up will be invited to throw feces at him during the walk.

Also posted in A Round Up of Trumpian Events, repeating here because it’s just sooooo good:

Al Franken describes the attitude of respect for truth, complicated though it may be.

I would argue it’s not the complexity, but the lack of tentpoles. The GOP might be a three-ring circus, but everyone knows their three rings and are OK with basically anything so long as those select few topics are addressed with lip service. Democrats are at a fundamental disadvantage because of it despite the majority of people disagreeing with the views of the GOP because of it.

I think it was funny, but probably not smart in the long run.

Pence is an arrogant shit.

Posting my outrage tweets: