A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

That’s why I’ve been reading Breitbart. As far as I can tell, the right wing sites are all an information closed loop. They are fed by Breitbart and Drudge, and then it’s just circulated through. Drudge I think does a better job of giving a big assortment of topics, but Breitbart is really narrow. I assume, because of Bannon, that it is directly being fed information from him to spin stories a certain way. So, for example, the Rachel Maddow show, they had a big headline all cued up to counter her narrative immediately as soon as her show aired. I also suspect that they have sockpuppets that go into the comments sections and kind of lead the cheers over there. I think it’s important to see how the world looks from the Fox/Breitbart/Drudge point of view, partly because if you talk to someone “on the other side of the fence” they will surely bring up some story that you had no idea what they are talking about. Like, Chicago. They are obsessed with Chicago’s murder rates. If you don’t want to be taken by surprise, it’s good to at least know what their conversations are like so you can formulate some answers.

19 Likes