A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Do they also get to decide when the CDC quarantines their whole state?

12 Likes

At what point on the spectrum of morality, I wonder, does self-enforced ignorance become deliberately evil murder?

9 Likes

As soon as the no-knock raids at the wrong house in search of the devil weed start back up. How many toddlers and family pets have to die this time around?

9 Likes

Ah but something something diffusion of responsibility, something something blind faith in moral principles something, something something coming from the right place something something. Something unintended consequences something, all for the greater good.

4 Likes

Even Armistead Maupin had a character (the teenage girl hired by Beauchamp to attack DeDe in Tales of the City) where “punk” was shorthand for “violent sociopath”.

Trump’s Oklahoma campaign manager is now under investigation after being caught in a hotel room with a teenage boy. It’s an unpleasant story and only tangentially related to Trump but still worth noting as part of an ongoing pattern among the “family values” crowd.

10 Likes

Oh, but all that precious civil forfeiture lucre is totally worth it. (Didn’t 45 expand civil forfeiture rules)

8 Likes

I don’t know if I have become a conspiracy theorist or not. The news is so weird these days.

9 Likes

So… who’s paying for that wall again?

12 Likes

In some of the early stuff I did on punk, I did address how the word changed over time. It’s found in Shakespeare at some point and really didn’t change to the current usage of a musical subculture until Bangs and Shaw began to use it regularly in their work around 1970. It can still mean a violent sociopath, of course.

6 Likes
12 Likes

We are! Because … bad people will be contained. On the other side. Of our big old wall. I will be proud to have this giant wall. That keeps out bad people. There will not be any bad people inside the wall. We will be safe once we build this big wall.

Seriously??? Who thinks this???

14 Likes

Five year old logic, that.

9 Likes

He might look to see if the imaginary bugs in Trump properties had any imaginary Chinese characters on them. Just say’n.

7 Likes

Yeah, where is Sarah Palin now?

“The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama’s “death panel” so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their “level of productivity in society,” whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil.” S. Palin

Evil you say?

14 Likes

This stuff is just sadistic.

19 Likes

Jesus H, even Dickens would look at these guys and go “damn, tone it down a little.”

21 Likes

The Meals on Wheels program is important, too, not just because it provides food, but it provides company for elderly people who do not feel safe driving.

16 Likes

Listening in to Spicer talking about the “wiretapp” playing live at The Washington Post. He is making up more stuff.

Update: TLDR He is literally just reading NYTimes stories out.

7 Likes

45 is a goddamn moron, but at least this time he’s done something that we can show to the people who believe his bullshit as proof that he doesn’t actually give a flying fuck about them.

13 Likes