A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

I love this developing narrative from “it didn’t happen” to “maybe it did but I had no knowledge of it” to “it did but it’s their doing” to “it’s not anything criminal” to Giuliani saying today “it’s just minor crimes”.

Also somebody should tell Trump that being ignorant of the law doesn’t made you immune from prosecution. This is one of the first things they teach you when studying the law. (INAL but I was studying to be one for a time.)

12 Likes

The logical conclusion will be “He did it. What are you going to do about it?”

9 Likes

Hey CBP, I got two for you right here.
c

4 Likes

Not in the US where a political dynasty is just a family lineage voted into power across generations - like the Kennedys. Having family in office means they can run for senate even if the Trump presidential runs folds. It’s not like their agenda would change with Ivanka in office, even if their proposed policy does.

Otherwise succession in the autocrat world doesn’t care about what’s written down but we have worse problems if things went that far.

Why would he regret that? It’s been the Republican Party position for years.

11 Likes
5 Likes

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-turkey-us-gulen/turkey-says-trump-working-on-extraditing-wanted-cleric-gulen-idUSKBN1OF0BM

Gulen denies any involvement in the failed putsch. Trump said last month he was not considering extraditing the preacher as part of efforts to ease Turkish pressure on Saudi Arabia over the killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi in Istanbul.

But last month is a different world.

5 Likes

Sure, keep pointing out how weak you look to everyone by doing shit like that.

9 Likes

Who cares about what Hatch regrets. The GOP made their bed, now they can lie in it.

8 Likes

Speaking of which…

5 Likes

Republican Party: It’s kinda lookin’ like we shot ourselves in the foot with all our anti immigration fear mongering, useless to the middle class tax cuts, and misogynistic policies.

Texas Judge: yep, y’all are right about that. Let’s not do that again… better stick out yer other foot an’ hold ‘er up high, I don’t see too good no more.

7 Likes

There’s speculation that an ACA repeal would be a good thing because it could remove a huge obstacle to Medicare for All. Which may be true but FFS these are people’s lives in the balance here.

6 Likes

How does that saying go?

The United States can always be relied upon to do the right thing — having first exhausted all possible alternatives.

7 Likes

More in thread.

9 Likes

She needs to file civil suits against the guard and the cops who won’t be legally reprimanded.

7 Likes

NYPD and HRA are the bottom of it. Know thyself.

7 Likes

Huge major problems at the NYPD.

One of the replies down that thread …

3 Likes

Well now…

12 Likes

Fraudulent election; fathom that.

But I love how they kept repeating the term MoscowTrump™.

That should be how he’s referred to from now on.

10 Likes

it’s odd that the author is not primarily a reporter, but someone who writes about “agile management” techniques.

that said, it seems a pretty good break down of things. and, it leads me to wonder if the presidential bid was primarily about trying to get trump moscow built, and then… oops… he got the nomination.

that would put his family in this place where they have a whole lot of lying to do about their pre-nomination activities, which is exactly what we’ve seen.

one other tid bit i heard recently was about how trump was one of the people to start the fear mongering over ebola ( https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/386616-how-ebola-entered-the-american-consciousness-a-trump-tweet )

a russian powered bot factory doubtless boosted those racist tweets… so i wonder how far back the collusion between trump and russia goes.

5 Likes