A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

5 Likes

This was just pushed to my mac.

4 Likes

Given the French response to Wikileaks and the alt-right bits pushing the hack across Twitter it wasn’t very surprising. I’m actually surprised Wikileaks had the balls to say they didn’t find any fake documents in the trove so far when people have pointed out some cartoonishly fake ones (like the one ordering drugs for politicians with bitcoin). I know Wikileaks French lawyer had some choice words on he subject too.

Unlike after I voted in the Trump/Clinton election, I got the distinct impression that Macron would win and the Le Pen narrative was being pushed to pique the US interest since Trump’s base is all that is left for his support and the alt-right here thought they could meme another win using English.

2 Likes

Everyone’s interested in this bit

“Trump was strutting up and down, talking to his new members about how they were part of the greatest club in North Carolina,” Dodson says. “And when I first met him, I asked him how he was — you know, this is the journalist in me — I said, ‘What are you using to pay for these courses?’ And he just sort of tossed off that he had access to $100 million.”

$100 million.

“So when I got in the cart with Eric,” Dodson says, “as we were setting off, I said, ‘Eric, who’s funding? I know no banks — because of the recession, the Great Recession — have touched a golf course. You know, no one’s funding any kind of golf construction. It’s dead in the water the last four or five years.’ And this is what he said. He said, ‘Well, we don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.’ I said, ‘Really?’ And he said, ‘Oh, yeah. We’ve got some guys that really, really love golf, and they’re really invested in our programs. We just go there all the time.’ Now that was three years ago, so it was pretty interesting.”

but there’s also an interesting insight into the class politics of golf.

13 Likes
7 Likes

Rexnard called Trump’s bluff.

Probably won’t be the last company to do so.

4 Likes

After this guy, and the woman at Trader Joe’s, and everything else going on, it’s really clear, they walk among us.

5 Likes

Plus how is done sort of “border tax” going to work for offshored tech jobs which basically have no border?

4 Likes

What is it good for?

“President Trump will have to decide this month whether to reboot the United States’ war against the Taliban in Afghanistan.”

Spoiler: “If Trump send more troops to Afghanistan, he risks prolonging one of the longest and costliest conflicts in U.S. history.” (apprx $5 TRILLION so far)

(Oh, and guess what what? Russia is allegedly backing the Taliban now.)

Hey idiot Trump … it’s a trap.

7 Likes

15 Likes

Hilarious.

13 Likes

No matter their disclaimers, people who tell racist jokes can be pretty heavily relied upon to do racism in other ways.

13 Likes

How surprising! Texas. /s

3 Likes

I’m just joking… unless we’re being serious.

5 Likes
7 Likes

I guess he need another quick distraction. “Nukes or fire Comey? Let’s see…”

5 Likes

The hell?

4 Likes

And Hell burns hotter today:

"Utah Republican Senator Orrin Hatch said Tuesday that the process of repealing and replacing the Affordable Care Act in the Senate might be complicated because:

Let’s face it, once you get them on the dole, they’ll take every dime they can.
— Sen. Orrin Hatch"

11 Likes

Christ, what an out of touch, motherhumping, mendacious asshole.

14 Likes

7 Likes