A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

Iā€™m sure the Jesse Ventura 2020 signs are already being printed up, and a Ventura/Schwarzenegger ticket would be run if it were legal. Get your shit together, America. This is fucking embarrassing.

5 Likes

9 Likes

The very successful CEO of one of Americaā€™s largest employers? Iā€™d gladly take him as a possible nominee over, say, Kanye West.

3 Likes

15 Likes

Honestly if thereā€™s one thing I hope this presidency does, itā€™s disabuse people of the idiotic notion that government should be ā€œrun like a businessā€. The interests and motivations of businesses are ultimately antithetical to the interests and obligations of governments. America doesnā€™t need a CEO In Chief. If Bob Iger ends up being the Democratic nominee, weā€™re doomed.

9 Likes

I donā€™t see why.
He hasnā€™t yet said anything moronic about ā€œrunning the country like a businessā€, nor has he said that he wants to be president to improve business prospects.

Until heā€™s actually said those things, Iā€™m not going to doom-say.

It gets even worse than this. It now also allows for a lifetime cap on employer provided insurance benefits.

1 Like

Iger being the Democratic nominee in 2020 would be so unfathomably tone-deaf Iā€™m not sure I can put it into words. Both parties are perceived as being in the pocket of big business, more interested in their own profits than the well-being of the working man. Republicans are doing a great job of proving that out on their side, but Democrats are (theoretically) trying to re-cultivate the image of being the working manā€™s party. Nominating the CEO of one of the worldā€™s biggest and most powerful mega-corporations to be their presidential candidate while trying to make that case would be an act of stupefying idiocy that will likely cost them yet another election and give us 4 more years of the Fanta Menace as the left fragments even further.

Truthfully, I donā€™t know Iger from Adam. He almost certainly wonā€™t be as flagrantly self-indulgent or flat-out stupid as Trump. He may even be a fairly moderate-minded person. But barring some crazy Obama-in-2004 barnburner speech between now and the presidential primaries where he declares healthcare to be a human right, supports raising the minimum wage to $15/hr, and insists on taking extensive immediate action on climate change, Iger would be yet another ā€œleast-worstā€ offering at a time when ā€œleast-worstā€ is the actual-worst thing Democrats could possibly field.

7 Likes

I get what youā€™re saying: that the possibility of having a CEO fighting a CEO for president would be an absurd notion on its face. Itā€™s a symbolically bad idea. Yes, I see what you mean by that.

But another potent symbol is fighting fire with fire. If Americans are tired of ā€œpoliticians running for presidentā€ (which, yes, I know thatā€™s goofy), the idea of a ā€˜good CEOā€™ taking on a ā€˜bad CEOā€™ isnā€™t a terrible one. That is, if Iger is even truly interested and is a good candidate, which Iā€™m not convinced of, either.

4 Likes

The only thing that can stop a bad CEO running for president is a good CEO running for president!

6 Likes

Maybe we need to fight a bad CEO with a COO! Or maybe a CFO!

Or Al Franken, thatā€™d be cool too.

6 Likes

But we can be assured that Copyright would be ā€œLife of the Creatorā€™s Corporation or Derivative thereof in perpetuityā€

5 Likes

Just once, Iā€™d like to fight fire with a fire extinguisherā€¦

10 Likes

Weā€™re going to need a bigger extinguisher.

6 Likes
5 Likes

He keeps on making a different argument than the one he thinks heā€™s makingā€¦

12 Likes

Believe me, he meant what he said because what he said was what he said. He was right then because heā€™s right now in the here and now. Capisce?

7 Likes

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear/

5 Likes

I posted about it earlier. The source is 4chanā€™s /pol/ board.

3 Likes

So now, after the vote, Republicans go back and delete a promise they had madeā€¦

7 Likes