A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

11 Likes

Tell me something that I donā€™t already know! (But, itā€™s always nice to see it in print)

9 Likes
3 Likes

How can anybody take him seriously anymore?

Next up: Leprechaun Existance Commission

4 Likes

15 Likes

Music to my ears!

ā€œIf the situation we are in right now gets worse for the White House, and the rest of 2017 unfolds under the shadow of unresolved allegations about Russian collusion, then serious impeachment talk will become unavoidable. One might assume that the talk would go nowhere, since the presidentā€™s party controls the congressional levers that would have to be used to formally begin proceedings. But what could ensue, though, is the realization that Republicans might privately crave impeachment more than Democrats.ā€

10 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

A few questions here:

1. These tapes are almost certainly not real, right?

2. Is the president saying he was secretly recording his conversations with the FBI director ā€” at a time when his actions are already being compared to Nixonā€™s during Watergate? Why would he do that?

3. If Trump wasnā€™t recording Comey, who does he think might have been doing it?

4. Why is the word ā€œtapesā€ in quotes?

9 Likes
  1. Because Trump has no command of the English language or its usage.

1-3. Everything in the Oval Office is taped, and has been for decades. This is not news to anyone who knows anything. So, yes, itā€™s news to Trump, but not Comey.

9 Likes

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/us/politics/attorney-general-jeff-sessions-drug-offenses-penalties.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

In an eight-paragraph memo to the nationā€™s prosecutors, Mr. Sessions returned to the guidance of President George W. Bushā€™s administration by calling for more uniform punishments ā€” including mandatory minimum sentences ā€” and directing prosecutors to pursue the strictest possible charges. Mr. Sessionsā€™s policy, however, is broader than that of the Bush administration, and will be more reliant on the judgments of United States attorneys and assistant attorneys general.

4 Likes
  • Grocerā€™s ā€œquotesā€ are used for ā€œemphasisā€
  • Grocerā€™s apostropheā€™s are used for pluralā€™s
11 Likes

Because heā€™s a fucking idiot who doesnā€™t know when to keep his mouth shut?

9 Likes

Yeah, but heā€™s been saying Comey told him things over dinner and such, which I wouldnā€™t expect to be happening there.

I was thinking that you could almost legitimately answer all four questions with ā€œheā€™s an idiotā€.

8 Likes

True. It is probably too much to think that he is using the quotes around Tape as it is obviously all digital by now.

4 Likes

Why not just say recording then?

I have a friend who uses Grocerā€™s Quotes. It drives me up a tree. I literally block his emails because of that.

8 Likes

It looks like Fox edited the article to bury the list in the text, this was what I copied earlier.

[quote=List Given to Fox News]* Ray Kelly, the former and longest-serving New York City police commissioner

• Mike Rogers, former House Intelligence Committee chairman and former FBI agent
  • Former Assistant Attorney General Alice Fisher
  • Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C.
  • Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn, R-Texas
  • Paul Abbate, executive assistant director for the Criminal, Cyber, Response and Services Branch
  • Associate Judge of New York Court of Appeals Mike Garcia
  • Mayor of Colorado Springs John Suthers
  • Former federal appellate court Judge Michael Luttig, now executive vice president of Boeing
  • Larry Thompson, former deputy attorney general under President George W. Bush
  • Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe[/quote]
    I notice my senator is on that list. He is one of the loyal members behind Trump - something his Republican base hates. He has exactly 0 law enforcement experience, and has been in congress since 2002. His one qualification is being Trumpā€™s whipping boy.
2 Likes

On first glance I was daydreaming ā€œMayor of Southpark, Co.ā€

At this point I simply would not be surprised to see it on the list given to Fox.

3 Likes

Iā€™m very relieved, at least, not to see either Giuliani or Sherriff Joe on that list.

8 Likes

I notice this list is comprised of men, mostly white.

Iā€™m shocked, SHOCKEDā€¦well, not really that shocked.

7 Likes