A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

I love how, when somebody in power does something really stupid, instead of answering the question of whether their overlord should have done said stupid thing, all the toadies instead answer whether they were allowed to, to deflect from the real question. It’s like arguing whether Nazis should be punched with “hey! free speech, they are allowed to say whatever they want!” yeah, that’s not what’s at issue here…

6 Likes

Strange to find myself agreeing with an arch conservative like this guy. The title is misleading; it’s good on “anti-anti-Trumpism.”

7 Likes

This was a pretty great article, and the noogie pic feels incredibly apt. One really does get the feeling that Trump’s base is literally high school bullies who are still mad that the nerds they used to give swirlies to long ago left to the coasts to seek fortune and escape their football-or-bust towns by either joining the liberal elite or an open-minded theater troupe, and have been salivating for an opportunity to reapply that headlock.

His insistence, though, that the money-grubbing, nihilistic, Trumpian media strategy “won’t end well” for Republicans feels about as reliable as the predictions that the U.S. wouldn’t vote Trump in in the first place…

9 Likes

[quote=“HMSGoose, post:2099, topic:93556”]
His insistence, though, that the money-grubbing, nihilistic, Trumpian media strategy “won’t end well” for Republicans feels about as reliable as the predictions that the U.S. wouldn’t vote Trump in in the first place…
[/quote]It ends one of two ways, and one of them is the demise of the US constitution and the consolidation of power under a single individual (not necessarily Trump)… so no matter what it ends poorly for the GOP voter at least.

6 Likes
11 Likes
9 Likes

If lightning ever strikes this man into his grave the day will become a national holiday.

Trump is the biggest leaker there is and it appears that Russia is getting exactly the kind of return they wanted for their investment.

12 Likes
8 Likes

“Guys … guys … healthcare? AHCA? Remember that fight?”
“Oh that’s so five scandals ago.”

8 Likes

But the President will not take any internal criticism, no matter how politely it is given. He does not want advice, cannot be corrected, and is too insecure to see any constructive feedback as anything other than an attack.

So some of the sources are left with no other option but to go to the media, leak the story, and hope that the intense blowback gives the President a swift kick in the butt.

http://theresurgent.com/i-know-one-of-the-sources/

5 Likes
10 Likes

And from earlier:

Crazy bastards!

3 Likes

“Hey I never wanted to be President anyway. You all elected me, remember? You practically dragged me in here.”

5 Likes

8 Likes

Sanctions Schmanctions and Putin and Kushner Kissing in a Tree

“Alexander Shnaider, a Russian-Canadian developer who partnered with Trump to build the Trump International Hotel and Tower in Toronto, used hundreds of millions of dollars that can be traced back to Vnesheconombank (VEB), a Russian government-run bank under investigation in the U.S., to help finance the project, reports the WSJ.”

Bonus: Putin was Chairman of the Supervisory Board (VEB) and his stamp of approval would have been needed.

4 Likes

Do people get that were Pence president, the entire Republican dream agenda would sail through Congress in like three weeks?

– Doug Henwood

6 Likes

Which is why Pence is on vacation far away from the damage in DC.

With his wife of course.

5 Likes

That’s why Republicans are using Trump to push through all their odious Republican shit. Once it’s all in the works and people are furious, they cut Trump loose and blame all the unpopular baggage on him. President Pence shrugs, smiles, and reassures everyone things can now go back to normal.

8 Likes

Uh oh!

5 Likes

That’s not an argument for keeping Trump, it’s an argument to be prepared for the next round of the fight.

10 Likes