A round up of Trumpian events đŸ–•đŸŠđŸ€Ą

I hate BMW drivers but damn

“Der Spiegel and the SĂŒddeutsche Zeitung (links in German), each citing sources who were at the meeting, reported Trump calling the Germans “bad, very bad” for their running a trade surplus with the US. “Look at the millions of cars they’re selling in the US. Terrible. We will stop this,” he told European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker and European Council president Donald Tusk, according to Der Spiegel. In an interview in January, Trump had told German newspaper Bild that he would slap a 35% import tax on BMWs assembled in Mexico, with an eye to getting manufacturers to set up shop in the US.” -QuartzMedia

Most BMW drivers in my neck of the woods are complete assholes. My apologies if you are a BMW driver with a better outlook on life than most.

2 Likes

What an ignoramus. For all of his talk of “jobs, jobs, jobs” and “America first” does he not realize that BMW has a factory in South Carolina that brings in billions of dollars and hires some 8000+ workers?

Maybe he should consult with real economists about trade deficits and whether or not they are actually a bad thing before complaining about them.

11 Likes

I am convinced that he just reads the comments of whatever bullshit alt-right rag of the day to make his decisions.

I used to think that he was talking to my car mechanic.

7 Likes

Has someone made a new version of any Aphex Twin videos with Trump faces on all the people? Because that would make those videos like 1000 times more terrifying

8 Likes

5 Likes

Oh man! Those were some creepy effects. They still give me pause.

7 Likes

et tu Jared redux

9 Likes

This is like the eighth time this month that I’ve felt like the other shoe is about to drop. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if an entire closet-full of them landed all at once.

15 Likes

Mitch McConnell stated once on a TV interview during the election something to the effect of “Trump will be the most powerful president ever.” It’s stuck with me ever since. It’s the way he said it. Like he knew something the rest of us did not. Perhaps his closet is one that should be looked into

Perhaps the Annapolis, MD GOP consultant firm wasn’t searched by the FBI for internal state politics after all

8 Likes

The other day I realized I had never seen the quote below in reference to this shit show. Then I thought, yeah, that douchebag only has the bullshit part going for him.

12 Likes

20 Likes

3 Likes

Two men in Portland, OR are dead because a violent racist shitstain cut their throats when they tried to stop him from harassing two women of color.

Fuck every single person who voted for the Republican party. Fuck them. No. There is no excusing their continued support for a party whose rhetoric and policies are giving “people” like this the courage of their fucked up convictions. Fuck Trump, fuck Sessions, fuck Paul Ryan, fuck Mitch McConnell, fuck Steve King, and fuck every. single. one. of the people who didn’t think that every last word that came out of those racist bigots’ mouths was a disqualification for holding high office. If you are a Republican, you are supporting a party whose highest positions of power are giving voice to the darkest underbelly of white nationalist violence in this country. This is not a “fringe” movement, these people live in the White House and sit in Congress. I have had it with them, and I have had it with you. Get fucked.

Oh, and of course the murderer was taken alive. He’s white.

21 Likes

Not precisely Trumpian, since it happened some time ago, but with the talk about Sharia law lately

12 Likes

15 Likes
12 Likes
12 Likes

The big fossil-energy companies NEED the U.S. to take climate change seriously because all of their innovations and biggest profits are now in renewable energy fields. It’s the smaller companies who can’t (or won’t) diversify in that direction that are going down the drain. Oil & gas are not far behind coal in terms of being unprofitable. We just have to hope that the rest of the recalcitrant companies go bankrupt before the damage to the environment gets much worse. The large companies have already swung their rudder around.

12 Likes

::hungry_look:: Hmm 
 nice cake. Are you going to eat that? * (Happy Anniversary.)

* = heard at some point during 90% of the whitewater trips I’ve been on
3 Likes

When Merkel decides to take a stand, then usually things get interesting. That was no less than the chairwoman of the traditional pro-American party putting an end to seventy years of Christian Democrat policy.

4 Likes