A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

Reject it all you like, but I think itā€™s still there for other readers.

Sure. But if a misfit blunders into a misstep, maybe the misfit could acknowledge the misstep? And perhaps even learn from it?

1 Like

Wold you like a (post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged) to go with that?

Whatever.

indeed.

If Iā€™m the one who started that thread, I apologise.

By ā€œit ainā€™t subtleā€ I didnā€™t mean ā€œyou should already know thisā€, I meant ā€œtheyā€™re shameless in their bigotryā€.

11 Likes

Thanks. I should have realized how you meant it, but sometimes I just take things the wrong way.

I apologize for not thinking straight.

9 Likes

Itā€™s sort of like knowing that ā€œ88ā€ is meaningful to neonazi fuckwads. Useful knowledge to have, but keeping track of that shit on a constant basis requires a certain amount of time investment, for little return. Why canā€™t they use the written word?

6 Likes

ā€œā€¦officials are having a difficult time finding people who are willing to pay for ā€” or can afford ā€” the hundreds of thousands in legal bills they are likely to incur from joining a White House under investigation.ā€ -Axios

I thought the jist of campaign Trump was that HE would pay the bills! Not so much any more. And why arenā€™t the K Bros or Murdoch stepping up to pay? Perhaps they willā€¦

5 Likes

Have a margarita on me!

6 Likes

Hoo boyā€¦

12 Likes

Oh look, he said ban. Thatā€™s so thoughtful of him, since theyā€™ve been arguing over whether or not the courts can consider things he said during the campaign.

13 Likes

If you consider the possibility that heā€™s using the Royal We (and why wouldnā€™t he? he decorates like the reincarnation of Louis XVI) then he is absolutely incontrovertibly correct: he does need to start being smart, vigilant, and tough. So far all weā€™ve seen is stupid, lazy, and weak. :wink:

12 Likes

He just has to make everything about him, doesnā€™t he? Why couldnā€™t he have just sent out his condolence tweet then, I dunno, shut the fuck up?

7 Likes

Real classy there.

Translation: letā€™s get these Muslims the hell out of the country! Itā€™s a religious ban, ok? There, I said it!

Grief policing! Nice.

And then the coup de gras on this tweet stormā€¦

:no_mouth: wut

Christ, what an asshole.

16 Likes

Did he miss that attacks in the US are done with bombs and guns and attacks in Europe are with trucks and knives for a reason?

10 Likes

Not all US terror attacks involve bombs and guns.

10 Likes

I really want someone British (N. Ireland included) to explain to him in terms he may understand:

Listen, you [expletive], [expletive]. We have been dealing with [expletives] like this since before you, yes, even you, you ancient [expletive], were born and weā€™re still [expletive] here. So why donā€™t you sit down and shut up, you [multiple expletives] [expletive].

Expletives left blank because I cannot do the swearing of a righteously pissed-off Briton the appropriately imaginative justice.

10 Likes

The time to get organised was years ago, but if you canā€™t manage that, do it now.

Weā€™re all (and I mean all) fucked if you wait to see how the midterms pan out.

13 Likes

Winging it.

"And then thereā€™s this stunning Politico article ā€” that Trump deliberately failed to include language in his recent NATO speech reaffirming the allianceā€™s Article 5 provision.

National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson all supported Trump doing so and had worked in the weeks leading up to the trip to make sure it was included in the speech, according to five sources familiar with the episode. They thought it was, and a White House aide even told the New York Times the day before the line was definitely included.

It was not until the next day, Thursday, May 25, when Trump started talking at an opening ceremony for NATOā€™s new Brussels headquarters, that the presidentā€™s national security team realized their boss had made a decision with major consequences - without consulting or even informing them in advance of the change." -NBCNews

9 Likes

And if that guy had been sporting a bunch of semi-automatics and handguns, Iā€™m sure the death toll in that train car would have been a lot higher.

7 Likes