A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Here are some ideas to get you started:

:wink:

4 Likes

45’s whole shtick is not paying bills. Anyone considering joining this train wreck of an administration would be very wise to consider the potential financial implications.

9 Likes

Doesn’t bode well for our democracy. She also noted that she’s worried about losing her insurance and she has to take care of her mother. So, it’s not just about her safety, but none of those things should be reasons that someone has to drop out of a political race.

10 Likes

Which appeals to immature minds, i.e. Trump supporters. “Libtards” is another favorite. Anyone who doesn’t worship Trump is a “libtard”.

RUSSIAN MILITARY INTELLIGENCE executed a cyberattack on at least one U.S. voting software supplier and sent spear-phishing emails to more than 100 local election officials just days before last November’s presidential election, according to a highly classified intelligence report obtained by The Intercept."

TOP-SECRET NSA REPORT DETAILS RUSSIAN HACKING EFFORT DAYS BEFORE 2016 ELECTION

8 Likes

Fucking hell. Not that any of this will matter to the MAGA crowd… but fuckity fuck this is bad shit. Can we have a goddamn do over already.

7 Likes

He doesn’t have anything with which to pay, unless Putin just gave him some walking-around money

7 Likes

Sen. Mark Warner: More state election systems were targeted by Russians

2 Likes

I have close friends that have been teaching in Qatar for the last few years. Now they and their co-workers are all trying to figure out how to fly home as far as I can tell from my occasional dip into FB. They posted the following link to give us at home some background.

6 Likes

I’m not sure we have enough popcorn gifs in the vault for this…

14 Likes

Because that’s working so well in his other case(s). The ACLU has thanked him for his assistance on the travel ban one.

Apparently Vegas is taking bets on what Comey might say and what might get tweeted.

7 Likes

Everyone is getting in on this event.

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/336406-dc-bar-to-host-comey-hearing-covfefe-thursday

Since it didn’t one box:

Shaw’s Tavern will open at 9:30 a.m. for “The Comey Hearing Covfefe.” The bar will feature $5 “Russian Vodka flavors” and a $10 “FBI” sandwich.

6 Likes

Don’t eat the sandwich without consulting your lawyer first.

5 Likes

The vodka shots is an obvious dig but I didn’t really get the FBI sandwich joke.

2 Likes

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/06/06/how-donald-trump-shifted-kids-cancer-charity-money-into-his-business/#541654d76b4a

9 Likes
16 Likes

Well, this is just horrible (but kudos for the very clever “The Kids Are Alt-Right” article title):

For those that don’t feel like Trump’s presidency is emboldening racists, here’s your proof. Now we have an entire generation feeling like racism, discrimination, and misogyny are perfectly acceptable, since after all our president is utterly unrepentant about this.

Despite having the built-in benefits of being a white male, I was bullied mercilessly throughout my K-12 career because I was a weird kid from a weird family that had a really hard time fitting in so I know how first-hand how terrible it is to go through school with a target on your back because you’re perceived as different.

At least when I was growing up I had a support network of a few great faculty that were able to stand up for me when things got really bad. When the fucking leader of the country is the one encouraging this type of behavior, how can you make a convincing argument that it’s wrong?

I really feel kids for those that are suffering unnecessarily because of the Orange Goblin and for the faculty who feel powerless to help them.

17 Likes

These little bullies are nothing, and they need to be reminded over and over again that they’re nothing until they finally get it through their thick skulls.

Trump’s President. So fucking what. Do you think Trump cares about any of these little losers? No. He doesn’t, but there are systems in place that punish this sort of behavior, and these systems didn’t suddenly vaporize just because we got a new president. So, punish them, and then punish them even harder if they say “hurr durr the president does it”.

5 Likes

Knowing who I was as a kid… I don’t know what I would have done. Probably not said anything against it, but knowing how desperate I was to belong…

But that was as a kid. The ones who make me want to break things are the parents bitching because their little darlings are getting busted for bullying. They are proof positive that some people never grow up, and not in the good fun ways we all want to never grow up (you can pry my stuffed animal collection from my cold, dead hands). Trump is not the problem. People like that are the problem. Trump is just the most visible symptom and the excuse.

ETA: my parents disagreed with my teachers on a lot of things (starting in grade 1 when the teacher informed them that I couldn’t read when they knew that the only way to make me sit still was toss a book in my general direction) but if I had pulled shit like this… I wouldn’t be here typing at you.

13 Likes

It’s not US politics, but does Theresa May openly promising on her official Twitter account to violate human rights laws count as Trumpian? Because I kind of feel like it does…

13 Likes