A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

I love Chris Christie’s justification of this.

So in the Trumpian world, pussy grabbing is locker room talk, lies are alternative facts, and now threatening lawmakers is just the New York way.

16 Likes

It’s a Jersey thing.

6 Likes

It’s just like the Sopranos!

6 Likes

10 Likes

Zionist’s applauding Steve Bannon during Sen. Sherrod Brown’s (D-Ohio) speech.

Creepy juxtaposition.

3 Likes

He would hardly be the first appointee of this administration to have lied to Congress before getting an “A-OK!” vote from literally every Republican in the Senate. Some of them (Sessions, Tillerson, DeVos IIRC) lied during their confirmation hearing and it didn’t matter. Unless this mess explodes bigly and quickly, the FBI will almost certainly have a yes-man at the helm.

10 Likes

That’s true and a very good point. I know maybe this is naive (and I doubt I’d make this point when I’m not feeling as opptimistic), but I hope that at least some of the GOP senators would feel burned by that and be a bit more discerning, especially if they’re getting pressure from home. I know the libertarian leaning wing and the leadership are just a lost cause, but there have been several moderate GOP members who seem to have grown something of a spine and stood up for what they felt was right, instead of what the party demands they do. I do hope we can encourage that and see much more of it in the future.

But yeah, good point there.

2 Likes

2 Likes
6 Likes

There’s weird interaction with the alt-right on that score.

https://www.islamophobianetwork.com/

3 Likes

…her constituents have seen “cars from Massachusetts coming in on Election Day.”

Cars from Massachusetts are coming in every day anyway. Drive through any mall parking lot near the state line and about a third of the cars there have Mass (or Maine) plates. People love the 0% sales tax and the state liquor stores!

4 Likes

Related to this:

A constant theme in political analysis of Trump is “this may be popular with the GOP base, but the wider community hates it”, or “that argument may be convincing to the GOP base, but nobody else is moved by it”. The media are treating this as if it were a normal political mistake, an accidental tactical error.

It isn’t; it’s a deliberate strategy.

As with Trump during the Presidential campaign, the Republicans in general are playing purely for their own voters. Because they know that no-one else’s vote is going to count in the red states by the time the midterms arrive. Their control of electoral administration guarantees that.

That problem isn’t going away, even if you replace Trump with Pence.

5 Likes

Sessions has been a very bad elf.

4 Likes

I love how the talking heads on the news are going on about how bad it is to perjure yourself in front of Congress and how bad it will be if Comey’s not telling the truth. I had to hold back the urge to yell at the TV, “oh you mean like Sessions, DeVos, Tillerson, etc did during their confirmation hearings?”.

9 Likes

13 Likes

Well, there you have it.

5 Likes

:confused:

5 Likes

Nor a crook?

9 Likes

Like this?

9 Likes

Great rebuttal earlier to one of the Repubs saying what a great day it was for 45, “anytime your spokesperson has to reiterate that you’re not a liar is definitely not a good day.”

12 Likes