A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

http://www.npr.org/2017/06/12/532666972/trump-expected-to-restrict-trade-travel-with-cuba

I wonder how he will mess up puerto rico statehood process?

9 Likes

I guess he doesn’t want people fleeing the country to go to Cuba for healthcare.

I mean, seriously, WTF is the point of this? Cuba hasn’t been a threat to America since the Kennedy administration, and we’re the only country in the world with these restrictions in place so economically we’re just leaving money on the table.

But whatever, #MAGA and all, I guess?

Two words: travel ban!

11 Likes

If I had a nickle for every time I thought that this year I’d have a lot of nickles but not much money. :-\

Well according to the following article he spoke in a positive (but not really actionable way) during the campaign. But since those disposable words were just to get into office I am assuming something something racist, something something dark side.

3 Likes

I refuse to believe he had anything to actually do with that statement short of signing his name to it. It’s entirely too eloquent.

Of course it’s not really saying much beyond, “we will follow the law if they want to become a state” which doesn’t inspire much in the way of confidence.

1 Like

Yes, this. We will follow the law unless we don’t like the outcome. Then we will find ways to sabotage the process while blaming someone else.

3 Likes

So, 45 will restrict trade with Cuba, a friendly tropical island full of vintage cars and great people but, allows our military industrial complex to make billions in Qatar, a supposed terror supporter of the greatest magnitude. WTF?

13 Likes

Don’t forget the good rum and to answer your question yes because money and profit makes it ok (in some people’s world view).

4 Likes

He really is trying to speed-run Nixon’s presidency.

15 Likes

I saw this interview. I felt like I needed to go back and diagram out his sentences to see if he made any sense. He was using rhetorical forms and body language to suggest conclusions that didn’t seem to be supported by what he said. He was trying hard to suggest there were good reasons to question Mueller.

The whole GOP seems to have gone into overdrive to backtrack on earlier statements praising Mueller’s reputation and integrity.

14 Likes

4 Likes

Is that for real? What a drama queen!

Anyway:

14 Likes
3 Likes

Not sure “No.” counts as a counterpoint.

1 Like

It is not visible at http://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump so I assume it’s a joke.

6 Likes

Here’s a nazi arguing with white supremacists about frog memes.

“These are good memes!”
“Dude, this is not Comic-Con!”

4 Likes

15 Likes

And that’s the rub. It’s so convincing that we actually need to take a look to see if it’s real or not.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t count on Republicans putting themselves out if they were on fire. The odds of them doing the right thing in the face of Mueller getting fired are arguably negligible.

6 Likes

Watching this again…

I think that Trump was actually just confused about the question, and was attempting to deny that he’d tried to make Comey swear a loyalty oath. I don’t think that he got that the question was about sworn testimony at all.

I wonder how bad his hearing is?

4 Likes