A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

If only! The Heritage Foundation unplugged from the Republican heart years ago, and sailed off to the far-right horizon. Appealing to a baser base has been very good for their bottom line. ($269,606,608 in assets in 2015.)

(Too bad that The Atlanticā€™s conclusions were wrong. Stupid sells.)

5 Likes

You are totally missing a great business opportunity, here. I have thought for years that I could get rich selling crap to stupid alt-righters, a la Rush ties, mugs, shirts, subscriptions, etc. If you canā€™t beat them, take their money, I say. They seem so eager to spend it on this sort of crap. I canā€™t do it myself because I have shame, but that doesnā€™t stop Alex Jones, Breitbart, Drudge, etc.

3 Likes

Too late now trump idiots.

8 Likes

A lot of this is already known. I think the new information here is:

1 - The most-direct-yet-that-Iā€™ve-seen acknowledgement by the press that Obama was fully aware of Russian actions to influence election results
2 - And that Obama considered Putin to be responsible
3 - Additional detail of debate within and response by Obamaā€™s national security leadership
4 - A useful timeline summary of this new information combined with what we already know

Response by William Saletan:

3 Likes

Idiotic as usual response by Saletan.

Yā€™all are 99% of the way to permanent authoritarian one-party state. If you wait to see how the midterms pan out, weā€™re all fucked.

The lack of street protest in America at the moment is horrifying. Your last chance is slipping by while nobody does anything.

4 Likes

Now Orange Leader has acknowledged that there was Russian meddling in the elections after months of saying itā€™s fake news.

7 Likes

Thanks to that pointer to the Heritage Foundation piece. Itā€™s always interesting to see how the twists and turns of individual organizations lead to changes in the political environment that brought us to the current situation.

Now!? I think within a week of it hitting national news Beck was selling $40 tickets to speak to the rubes.

Itā€™s called giving you all the rope you need!

I maintain that this period of BS is the shortest and most efficient path to single payer healthcare, and the reduction of the influence of conservatives on our national politics. Its gonna suck until the midterms, but just wait for it.

Keep working, have faith.

In September 2015, the Foundation stated publicly that it had been targeted by hackers and had experienced a breach in which donorsā€™ information was taken. The publication The Hill compared the attack to another notable data breach at the Office of Personnel Management a few months before. The identity of those that attacked the Foundation and their motivations are unknown.[36]

There seems to be a lot of that going around the last few years.

1 Like

Because fuck tradition and extremists.

8 Likes

11 Likes

I can relate.

5 Likes

Travel ban is back until its court date in October.

2 Likes

Only in part, at least. Still. I wonder if that telegraphs what they decision will be then?

2 Likes
6 Likes

Sorry!

11 Likes

17 Likes

Itā€™s like Iā€™m sure these ā€œobstructionist Democratsā€ would love to help if they werenā€™t being iced out. What a schmuck.

6 Likes

Ah, fuck.

Same legal team as the Gawker job:

[sic]

I donā€™t expect the NYT to fold like Gawker did but I absolutely do expect to see a concerted effort to bleed them dry. Do you think Palin set this up with her own funds and wherewithal, or is there anyone backing her?

7 Likes