A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

That headline.

Interesting view. I don’t have a clear opinion on that, so I’ll let it sink in and see if it develops into one.

7 Likes

When other countries do those sorts of things, we call them “state sponsors of terrorism.”

5 Likes

The amount of stupid and self-incrimination on display is breathtaking.

Are we at the 25th amendment yet?

12 Likes

I saw this the other day and I’m not sure how you can even really objectively judge her popularity or why it’s even important. The stakes are just so low for her at this point. It’s not like she’s in office or anything anymore. A lot of people don’t like the Kardashians either - is this newsworthy suddenly?

6 Likes

Did you read the linked article?

It’s an opinion piece; it uses the previously-reported fact of the poll as a jumping off point to discuss the factional divide within the Democratic Party. The extreme unpopularity of the Clintonian corporate Dems is highly relevant to that issue.

4 Likes

It’s scary that the number is so low.

3 Likes

Some were tired of his daily driving trollies of Democrats, the media and the judiciary.

what did you expect?..what?!

Some were disappointed that the Trump administration has not yet swept illegal immigrants out of their communities.

Ok, yeah I expected that one, but still, what the fuck?

Others said the president has not ended the mistrust and hyper-partisanship in Washington as much as they had hoped.

wait WHAT!??!

who.the.fuck.are.these.people.

oh, and the 88% who would vote for him again? that’s up from 82% in May.

5 Likes

Inorite?! When are people going to realize that when you vote for a Republican, you’re getting a Republican: Party first, country last.

3 Likes

I think that a huge number of Trump voters pay zero attention to the “fake news negative media” (i.e., the factual push-back and fact checking of his constant stream of bullshit) and only see his bluster and yelling via Twitter/Facebook – and they love that stuff. Thats’ why they voted for him. They love his proud grandstanding and shrug off other stuff as jealousy and sour grapes.

2 Likes

The poll itself has issues, but the biggest one is that they only asked about Donald Trump, James Comey, Vladimir Putin, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Joe Biden. This is a poll where Barack Obama and Joe Biden are sitting at +60 in favorability and each received a +5 bump in popularity from their December poll. Trump also saw a -10 drop in favorability while Clinton saw a -2 - which is inside the error of the survey and hasn’t changed for years. If you want to use this poll to show that establishment Dems are the problem, then it fails at proving that entirely.

It does show how crazy low Trump’s approval is. Look at some of these:

Basically, the poll shows that Hillary Clinton is just as unpopular as before while other establishment Dems are gaining popularity and Trump’s popularity is cratering to historic lows. You know, what would be typical given the circumstances. Without asking about Bernie Sanders (a flat out crime in a poll like this) it’s difficult to draw what the opinion piece is drawing in conclusion - especially since what they have been saying isn’t reflected in the data trends.

9 Likes

Some were disappointed that the Trump administration has not yet swept illegal immigrants out of their communities.

I wonder what a drill-down on that question would show, especially cross-indexed with immigration and estimated illegal immigration numbers. Do Trump-supporter communities really have problems with swarms of illegal immigrants, or should the survey be asking more basic and nasty questions?

• Do you want illegal immigrants removed?
  • Do you want all immigrants removed?
  • Do you want all non-white people removed, American or not?
  • Do you want anyone who doesn’t look and sound like your large inbred family removed?
4 Likes

Alt-right occult mystics, my Bingo card runneth over.

3 Likes

http://powersource.post-gazette.com/powersource/policy-powersource/2017/07/20/Exxon-Mobil-fined-2-million-for-Rex-Tillerson-era-breach-of-Russia-sanctions/stories/201707200187

8 Likes

Imagine how much noise republicans would’ve made about an Obama official with something like that in his or her background.

7 Likes

My imagination is working overtime on some mission critical stuff right now, sorry…

2 Likes

coughChinagatecough

1 Like

Fox is really bizarre these days. Anything news related is very critical of Trump, and anything opinion/editorial related are spinning the shit out of everything.

Look at these results. This is some interesting stuff:

Even things like voter ID (while it still has majority support), has lost support over the years:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Drip, drip, drip…

8 Likes
5 Likes