A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

Thatā€™s okay, neither does Donald.

12 Likes

What sinking? No, youā€™re sinking.

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2017/08/01/us/ap-us-sinking-island-climate-change.html

3 Likes

Oh, for fuck sake. This has the waft of Steve Bannonā€™s taint all over it.

6 Likes

No mention by anyone in the administration of course of legacy admissions.

4 Likes

Roger Clegg, a former top official in the civil rights division during the Reagan administration and the first Bush administration who is now the president of the conservative Center for Equal Opportunity, called the project a ā€œwelcomeā€ and ā€œlong overdueā€ development as the United States becomes increasingly multiracial.

Theyā€™re worse than Scientology for organizations with Bizarro World opposite names. Reading their Form 990, youā€™d almost think that they favored bilingual education too, but no. Clegg makes $140k/year at this game.
http://990.erieri.com/EINS/521543156/521543156_2015_0d70b20c.PDF

6 Likes

That looks like fake child handwriting to me, yes.

As I said above, it looks fake, but itā€™s arguably better than mine, sadly.

So Trump signs the Sanctions Bill against Russia, Iran and North Korea and then adds a crybaby addition to the document:

ā€œStill, the bill remains seriously flawed ā€” particularly because it encroaches on the executive branchā€™s authority to negotiate. Congress could not even negotiate a healthcare bill after seven years of talkingā€¦The Framers of our Constitution put foreign affairs in the hands of the President. This bill will prove the wisdom of that choice.ā€

ā€œI built a truly great company worth many billions of dollars. That is a big part of the reason I was elected. As President, I can make far better deals with foreign countries than Congress.ā€

Itā€™s like heā€™s trash signing somebodyā€™s high school yearbook.

5 Likes

I read that and think, is Trump a big baby or does congress deserve the shade heā€™s throwing on them?

Fortunately it can be both.

5 Likes

Because why the fuck not, right? Itā€™s not like the past 50 or so investigations into this had any merit.

8 Likes

I love how he specifically chooses this bill to start whining about how itā€™s unconstitutional.

He knows heā€™s stuck between a rock and a hard place with this since it passed with a veto-proof majority (and heā€™d look even more overtly corrupt if he vetoed it out of principle). So instead he gripes about some nonsense arguments about constitutionality and ā€œdeal makingā€ (yet again trying to make everything about himself) in a sad attempt to save face.

3 Likes

Yes, lets waste more tax monies just to fire up the base. Idiots.

4 Likes

After all, this worked so well with healthcare reform. I seem to recall just last week McConnell talking about ā€œreaching across the aisleā€ to work with the Dems. So much for that, I guess!

5 Likes

Jeebus, she isnā€™t president, why do they fucking care at this point other than ā€˜uppity wimmens need to be punishedā€™ which actually sounds about right for that crowdā€¦ fuck I am so embarassed by my country.

10 Likes
6 Likes

$140k/year IS a lot for an organization with only $500k in revenue, but take heart. At the rate they are losing money, they canā€™t be around for long.

(Yes, Iā€™m an accountant for a 501Ā©(3) non-profit (redundant, yes, but I like to post words).

Because uppity women need to be punished, duh. Do you really want the rest of us (and especially our teenaged daughters) thinking they can get away with being powerful women? /s

8 Likes

sarcasm asideā€¦ in all seriousnessā€¦ fuck yes I do. not like us ā€˜manly menā€™ have done such an awesome job at it.

8 Likes

Wow! It just keeps getting better. /Xtreme s

8 Likes

Iā€™m surprised he wasnā€™t promoted.

The base are itching to begin the purge, but the generals want to maintain focus on conquest.