A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Of course he did.

8 Likes

Well it was easy, he simply failed to mention all the controversial statements and read the stock responses.

1 Like

Doing visits to only the places that he won in the election, and making announcements only they could love? I mean, all but announcing that he’s going to pardon Arpiao hot on the heels of being revealed to be a not-even-thinly-veiled white supremacist and threatening to shut down the government to get the wall funded? This guy really could give a fuck, this has got to just be about his post-presidency tv ratings. There just is no other explanation as to why he’d sell so hard to his own base, ignoring any other demographic.

1 Like

There is one other explanation.

Masha’s rule #1.

1 Like

Seriously?

1 Like
6 Likes

The Robert Lee thing was fanned from the right. They’re trying to jam the channels with nonsense like this and the Breitbart hoax call story in order to stop people from organising and make the left appear to be fussing over nothing.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/naomiaklein/status/900390494579994624

9 Likes

didn’t meet the income requirements.

6 Likes

That is a very rough test to get through. I have to pick a state, and whether I pass or not depends on the state I pick (I guess that positions my income in as a percentile).

2 Likes

Ha. Who knew she could tell good jokes too!

1 Like

Naomi is one of the few old left figures who may still have an influence.

The Democrats are dead, Bernie is a fondly remembered ancestor, Warren is a footnote.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t count the dems out just yet. Trump may still damage repubs enough to make dems look good again.

2 Likes

I don’t think they’re ever getting the DSA and BLM to try and kick that football again.

I could be wrong, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

I think it would be pretty easy considering the sheer volume of new Democrats running for office, the vast majority are far from establishment.

They would have to be explicitly running on a “the old Democrats are scum; this is a new radical party that just happens to share the name” platform. The people in the streets are not going to settle for somebody else running the show.

I don’t see it happening; I think the Dems are Whigs, and they’re going to be replaced by a DSA/BLM coalition.

But only if the left wins in the streets. There ain’t no real election unless that happens.

Oh, that guy.

4 Likes

“Most curiously, in the 1990s, he was charged, then acquitted, with conspiracy to commit two murders.”

Why not go for a hat trick?

2 Likes

Is there some world in which Ralph Northam’s bid for governor is considered marquee or that he is considered an entrenched establishment Democrat?