A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

I saw this video this morning. Some great stuff (as usual) from Cracked.

2 Likes

Note the deliberate irony on the “that’s hysterical” bit.

2 Likes

BTW: I am, understandably, rather paranoid at the moment. So bring your own grain of salt.

But I think that Maggie Haberman of the NYT is and always has been a committed Trump supporter. Her Twitter account is now a raw stream of Trumpist propaganda.

1 Like

What part? The tweet about Jane Sanders was Clinton propaganda anyways.

1 Like

The conclusions been building for a while, but this is what tipped me over the edge:

She’s good; it’s damned subtle. Up until a few hours ago she had me convinced she was just clueless and scared.

Again, I am aware of how batshit paranoid this sounds. Make your own judgement.

1 Like

both of those articles are critical of the subject.

1 Like

I know; she’s subtle. She isn’t playing to the fascists, she’s aiming to paralyse Liberals.

You need to see the overall vibe of what she’s been doing for the last week. It’s been slowly building in how obvious it is.

1 Like

If it’s any consolation, Sarah Kendzior has been saying the same thing for a while now. Notice how Maggie gets the interviews (despite being “the enemy”) and softballs all of them. This has the bonus effect (for team T) of allowing the “even my enemies love me” narrative.

1 Like

It’s a little bit stale (one month) but I think this interview should put some of your fears at rest. It adds understandable motivations behind following and retweeting more conservative viewpoints, as well as a rationale on why she is continuously able to get exclusives in the Trump white house. Mayne the situation has changed, because a lot can can happen in a month, but she presents herself as well put together and one of the best frontline reporters out there.

3 Likes

Cheeto is Cray Cray

2 Likes

Yes, she’s very good at what she’s doing.

Up until yesterday, myself and many others were convinced that she was trading favourable coverage for access, but was still on the non-fascist side.

She isn’t. The entire NYT is working for Trump.

This is the propaganda that Maggie is posting now:

Not really interested in arguing this, though. You see it or you don’t. Or won’t.

1 Like

I suppose the difference here lies between posting and retweeting. Sharing someone else’s post is not the same as echoing that opinion, and as a journalist it’s her responsibility to observe as many faces of the news as possible, as you can see both progressive and regressive articles/videos on her feed. Not trying to argue though, this is a stressful time for everyone and it’s very easy to interpret the same information inn radically different ways, just

bring your own grain of salt

Reminded me of the new yorker article.

Also, is it just me or does it seem weird that the right hates the NYT for being progressive propaganda while the left hates it for being a tool of the fascists?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Everyone knew this was only a matter of time…

3 Likes

He looks like a prisoner having a remote bail hearing, talking to the judge.

9 Likes

Isn’t this the first time that he’s actually gone to Camp David?

It must gripe him that he can’t graft the country on room fees for himself, his staff and Secret Service.

4 Likes

Maybe so, it’s the first trip there I know of.

2 Likes

He had Melania and Barron with him. More vacation.

1 Like

услуга за услугу

“The emails provide tangible evidence that “from the earliest months of Mr. Trump’s campaign, his associates viewed close ties with Moscow as a political advantage,” writes the NYT. Those ties are now being closely investigated by Special Counsel Robert Mueller.”

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/902228843200700416/photo/1

So, figuratively, Ivanka’s ass was pimped for the deal.

6 Likes

Trump TV Nation: Working For Murdoch

“Well a lot of people said it was the right thing to do, John,” Trump said. “And actually, in the middle of a hurricane, even though it was a Friday evening, I figured the ratings would be far higher than they would be normally. You know, the hurricane was just starting. And I put it out that we pardoned, as we say, Sheriff Joe.” -BusinessInsider

Clearly Trump wants to be a TV Exec not a president.

2 Likes