A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

How else will the police defend themselves from antifa, amirite??

With this shit:

Good equipment saves lives. The executive order that the president will sign today will ensure that you can get the life-saving gear you need to do your job and send a strong message that we will not allow criminal activity, violence and lawlessness to become a new normal.

I mean shit, if police can’t get grenade launchers and light tanks, the crims win.

10 Likes

Got to replace those Confederate statues with something, right?

4 Likes

Which reinforces the argument: you’re all very likely going to have to take to the streets eventually. Is it better to do that before or after the fascists have time to finish their preparations?

The DSA/BLM/ICP/etc activists on the ground are aware of this point, and they’re preparing as fast as they can. But they could use all the help they can get.

I was perplexed to as why Mnuchin would bother to go to Fort Knox to check on US gold reserves. Now this:

Guessing that Germany has pulled gold out of the US as well. No proof of course but, Mnuchin’s visit now seems for something other than watching the eclipse while basking in the intoxicating yellow hue of gold bars.

“We have approximately $200 billion of gold at Fort Knox,” said Mnuchin. “The last time anybody went in to see the gold, other than the Fort Knox people, was in 1974 when there was a congressional visit. And the last time it was counted was actually in 1953.” -Bloomberg

Why now?

7 Likes

5 Likes

Sorry to say, but this is really old news and has nothing to do with Trump. This has been in the discussion since before the big financial crisis started. And yes, the plan also included the gold in NY.

And no, this wasn’t a secret.
Well, the transport was, obviously. But given the German reputation for securing large amounts of gold, it’s surprising that it apparently kept this way, more or less.

1 Like

15 Likes

I need better quality tin foil!

But something is fishy with the Fort Knox trip.

4 Likes

Now that is a brilliant comeback to a piss poor deflection tactic.

9 Likes

Top Gun with heels is apparently THE flood fashion.

5 Likes

Skinhead Chic?

2 Likes
9 Likes

So much shit happening with this administration. I’m also hearing that he’s about to dump DACA. Which would be great timing (not) with so many people affected by it in Houston. :scream:

3 Likes

it’s possible that Mattis may want to get fired.

4 Likes

Maybe so.

I’d actually wear “I was fired by Trump!” like a badge of honor (not that I’d work for him in the first place).

5 Likes

Given that firing people is said to be one of his prime qualifications, and which probably made him electable for his supporters (see: Apprentice, The), I’m not sure if mentioning “fired by Trump” in your CV would help you in any way.

Nevertheless, I heard a certain Mr.Mueller could be interested. If he could get aquainted with a smoking gun which said “fired by Trump”, the label could get very interesting.

Which is of course also true for a nuke. And I don’t want to see this any time in the universe.

1 Like

Part one of a worthwhile thread:

2 Likes
9 Likes

I’m sure the NYT is proud of being part of the “enlightened middle.” Of course in the US in the enlightened middle really is the tool of fascists* and “the left” are the people assessing reality.

Also, it might be a bad idea to generalize from a person in a forum to “the left.” The majority of people who dislike Trump love the NYT right now because they keep breaking stories about Russia.

* Not actually fascists: technocrats. A word we’ll presumably look back on with at least some fraction of the same disdain.

3 Likes

ITO the left I was assessing not based off of just that individual, but from memories of the sentiment during the presidential run. During that time many on the progressive left(probably the more accurate term for the group I’m describing) were decrying the NYT for giving both Hillary’s and Donald’s closet skeletons and faux pas an equal weight. The pervading feeling seemed to be that by tarring them with the same brush, the paper was misinforming its readers. Besides that, totally agree with you, and technocrat is a great word in which we can measure how terrible they are divorced from any previous evils.

2 Likes