A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

7 Likes
11 Likes

They did:

However, this was also the campaign that demonstrated the fading power of traditional political marketing expenditure. Nobody pays attention to the ads anymore; the political media market is saturated.

Paradoxically, Citizens United may have helped to weaken the power of the plutocracy.

6 Likes

Regarding Bannon. ā€¦The editorial board of the NYT is concerned.

12 Likes

Crossing Putin may lead to sudden heart attack.

7 Likes

Remember the ā€œwho says,ā€ well, now thisā€¦

Christ, what an imbecile.

14 Likes

Turns out the very public shit-fits over his media portrayal truly are only the surface story when it comes to his desire to control information. Spoiler alert: These statisticiansā€™ fears, like all their work, is evidence-based. The headline buries the lead that heā€™s taking very concrete move to ā€œdrain the swampsā€ of data scientists working at bureaus gathering statistics on labor, housing, etcā€¦ Of course. I mean, of course. He wouldnā€™t be doing his part for the cause of alternate reality if he didnā€™t strike at the root of reality-reality.

7 Likes

Fox News has an online poll asking various questions about Trumpā€™s first week. Maybe youā€™d like to offer your impressions?

9 Likes

Is Trump the best president ever, or merely the best since Harrison?

6 Likes

OMGā€¦ did you see the last one?There is no way to say that he sucks and heā€™s doing a shitty job. It is, as @ChuckV said, is he a great president or the GREATEST president.

8 Likes

The wannabe education secretary cheats in her exams.

12 Likes

They are trying to rewrite the bill of rights:

And from a history website:

http://www.ushistory.org/documents/amendments.htm#amend01

And wikipedia:

And the Bill of Rights institute:

Citizen is replacing the people in the white house text, which seems to be a way of justifying denying legal residents legal protections under the law.

14 Likes

Canada has just come out from 9+ years of data and science controlled by right wing ideology.
We didnā€™t have a proper census for years because if you donā€™t count the number of people living in poverty then you donā€™t have to help them and can cut funding wily nily!
If we donā€™t keep track of polar melts and climate change, you can fire all the scientists and empty their libraries! I meanā€¦ it took us 9 years to get rid of Harper, and it took everyone voting strategically to do it. You guys gotta find someone really really good for 2020, seriously, start looking now!

13 Likes

It depends which Harrison. Heā€™s better than Benjamin Harrison, who lost the popular vote but still won the electoral college, unlike Trump /s. Heā€™s worse than William Henry Harrison, who at this point in his presidency was already dying of pneumonia.

6 Likes

However, President Woody Harrelson 2028 looks (by comparison at least) to be a thorough improvementā€¦

7 Likes

Wow. Even the Fox News crowd isnā€™t so excited about his week.

2 Likes

Devos passed the House and is on to the Senate confirmation.

3 Likes
8 Likes
11 Likes

Just recalled this from during the campaign:

Some years ago, Mr Trump invited me to lunch for a one-to-one meeting at his apartment in Manhattan. We had not met before and I accepted. Even before the starters arrived he began telling me about how he had asked a number of people for help after his latest bankruptcy and how five of them were unwilling to help. He told me he was going to spend the rest of his life destroying these five people.

He didnā€™t speak about anything else and I found it very bizarre.

I wonder when The 5 are going to get re-educated?

13 Likes