A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

Why isnā€™t there a penalty for sending the DOJ on such a big wild goose chase? Oh, yeah, no oneā€™s really done it since Hoover and McCarthy.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Oh, great. They did aerial surveys. Cool. Concerns allayed.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Based on the people I know Trump can only phase out DACA and not immediately make people here legally with the DACA illegal overnight, so they have some time to vanish or whatever. Still a horrible situation for some of the best people in our borders - a statement especially true with the requirements needed to stay in the US through DACA.

1 Like

Thereā€™s already a pre-existing Underground Railroad for immigrants fleeing the US for Canada.

Hiding folks in your basement is going to be difficult when the bad guys have thermal scopes. Not impossible, though.

It being entirely impossible to determine ethnicity through a thermal scope, enter the home without breaking the law, and there not being a mandatory registration of who is in what home helps. The travel between stops would be the problem and not the stops themselves.

ā€œAgainst the lawā€ is now of very limited relevance.

But, yeah: there is time to run for those who act quickly.

9 Likes

Fingers crossed!

7 Likes

:crying_cat_face:

Okay it is the least likely of the rumors but I so want to see the reaction of the trumpheads if it is true and released.

5 Likes

7 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like
7 Likes

But that lady hurt his feelings!

3 Likes
8 Likes

This is such chickenshit decision making. Promising to ā€œrepeal DACAā€ then kicking it over to Congress (who is very divided on this issue) promising to ā€œrevisit this issueā€ later. Then when Congress deadlocks on this very contentious issue he will blame ā€œobstructionist Democratsā€ and claim heā€™s doing everything he can to keep his campaign promises.

Itā€™s going to be healthcare all over again.

(And to be clear I think itā€™s terrible what heā€™s doing here with DACA ā€“ especially after previously promising to keep it in place, just like trans people in the military, just like healthcare, just like the ā€œnot a Muslim ban you guysā€ travel ban, and every one of his other incalculable fuckups since getting into office. More than anything Iā€™m pointing out a clear pattern in this ā€œmake big and half-baked announcement / kick it over and wash his hands of it / blame everybody else when things go wrongā€ pattern of ā€œleadershipā€.)

9 Likes

More on DACA. These talking points have been released by the White House:

This one is particularly awesome:

The Department of Homeland Security urges DACA recipients to use the time
remaining on their work authorizations to prepare for and arrange their departure from
the United Statesā€”including proactively seeking travel documentationā€”or to apply for
other immigration benefits for which they may be eligible.

Thereā€™s just so much WTF packed into that single sentence, I donā€™t even know where to begin.

4 Likes

Donā€™t forget the flip side of the planā€¦ if Congress somehow manages to pull something together, heā€™ll take credit for it happening under his ā€œgreat leadershipā€ and how it makes him so much better than Obama.

Heads, I win; tails, you lose.

2 Likes