A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

2 Likes

I checked Breitbart and as expected, found a TRAITOR comment within the first page.I guess they think he took an oath of “will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Donald Trump, emperor of the United States bigley.”

1 Like

Michael Flynn being a traitor is perhaps one of the few things that nearly everyone can agree on (though exactly why they call him that would be a major point of contention).

1 Like

This fills me with rage and has been largely lost in all of the other crazy shit going on.

5 Likes

It’s never too soon for this fucking guy to make a tragedy about himself.

5 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes

A good thread re: the crappiness of the NYT.

5 Likes
7 Likes

They’re really gonna fuck us over.

There will be a republican blood bath in the mid terms. Perhaps literally.

3 Likes

The whole not allowing state tax deductions shocked the hell out of me when I heard it. Like dudes that is going to sink your party big time but I am sure the true believers will blame it on Obama.

1 Like

The mortgage interest deduction cap and elimination of a 2nd mortgage deduction as it stands in the House will wreck the housing market in areas like DC, San Francisco, NY, etc. The Senate version leaves it so one can deduct up to $1mil “But since the House and Senate bills nearly double the standard deduction, the percent of filers who claim the mortgage interest deduction would drop sharply.” CNNMoney

Republicans say the mortgage interest deduction only encourages people to buy more expensive homes. I say without it few will be able to afford to live in any major metropolitan center.

2 Likes

Looks like 45 intentionally sabotaged the meeting with Congress with this unprovoked morning rage tweet:

Unsurprisingly, Pelosi and Schumer said “fuck this noise” and decided not to meet with Trump.

Sarah Sanders not surprisingly uses this as an opportunity to continue the “obstructionist” narrative by accusing the D leaders of being petty grandstanders.

What a load of bullshit.

5 Likes

Well honestly with prices in places like where I live (Seattle) I don’t how anyone can afford it tax deduction or not.

2 Likes

Just wait until the Government shuts down. You’ll see bullshit flying.

And trump has already said he wants a shut down.

5 Likes

My hope is that if/when there’s a government shutdown (which seems very likely to me at this point) that it backfires bigly just like when Clinton was in office.

And, yet again, I’m just baffled at all the blame being thrown at the minority party. I mean, for fuck’s sake, how can they truly obstruct when they don’t have the numbers?

5 Likes

A few J.E. Hoover quotes seem appropriate:

4 Likes
3 Likes

Harvard University political philosopher Michael Sandel delivered the 15th LaFontaine-Baldwin Lecture at Koerner Hall in Toronto on September 25, 2017. And he began with a troubling but pertinent question: how do we decide which immigrants to let into the country? But Sandel didn’t answer his own question. Instead, he probed audience members for their opinions, and over the next hour pressed them on their fundamental moral stances, encouraging the participants to listen to, and work through, differences of opinion.

Not directly Trump, but a good talk on anger politics, the shift from a market-based economy to a market society where everything is up for sale, and immigration. 54 minutes.

4 Likes