A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

In the real world Jared would be denied a clearance faster than he evicts people from his properties.

3 Likes

ā€œInsidious poisonā€ is a euphemism for ā€œbreakfast.ā€

Yeah his behind would still be bouncing down the road after the hard booting he should have gotten.

If he was talking about the amount of sugar in many breakfasts, he might have a point. :roll_eyes:

Twitter still being Twitter:

2 Likes

I heard today in the radio that while Trump talks and tweets like a populist white supremacist, his executive acts are those of a traditional business-friendly conservative. He keeps the idiots that voted for him happy and energized with his words, and the rich happy with his actions.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s likely based on this article from today:

I donā€™t buy it.

4 Likes

How so? Perhaps the reign of Ludwig II of Bavaria could be a precedent for Trumpā€™s presidency.

1 Like

As Iā€™ve been sayingā€¦

3 Likes

My wife and I are seriously thinking about leaving the country.

8 Likes

I donā€™t like the idea of defending Trumpā€™s presidency behind ā€œitā€™s been too incompetent to do everything it says it wants to,ā€ especially since the article outlines a few times when Trump did what he said he was going to.

5 Likes

Filed under: ā€œTell Us Something We Donā€™t Knowā€

3 Likes

Bad news for the far right press.

3 Likes

The sooner that filthy fascist rag goes under, the better the world will be.

4 Likes

Iā€™m extremely baffled by their reference to Mark Twain here. Like, do they not understand the joke of referring to music specifically as ā€œbetter than it soundsā€ and that that joke doesnā€™t work for anything that isnā€™t a thing you listen to? Like, you could make that joke about a radio play, but not about an orange? Thatā€™s a triggering level of abuse of (possibly apocryphal) Twain quotations.

5 Likes

Right. This, and the general sentiment of, ā€œdespite all of the controversy, heā€™s just a rank and file conservativeā€, while true, is minimizing all of the lasting damage he has done, and will continue to do as long as the right holds all the legislative and executive power (and heā€™s aggressively working on stacking the judiciary with lifetime appointments to ultra conservative right wing judges).

4 Likes

GOP is setting itā€™s evil eye on Social Security

"In a videotaped interview with two Politico reporters Wednesday, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said the quiet parts out loud. Asked by interviewers Anna Palmer and Jake Sherman how to address the federal deficit, he replied: ā€œWe have to do two things. We have to generate economic growth which generates revenue, while reducing spending. That will mean instituting structural changes to Social Security and Medicare for the future.ā€

Social Security cuts? Over my dead body.

5 Likes

But Trump keeps saying how great the economy is?

This is what just boggles me. Nearly every day heā€™s beating the ā€œeverythingā€™s so awesome!ā€ drum by bragging about how great the economy is, how low unemployment is, and how great the stock market is (nevermind the stock market doing great rarely translates to anything great for us plebs).

Yet in the same breath, we need to lower taxes, cut government assistance program, cut social programs, cut immigration, reduce our trade deficit (which, by the way, is not necessarily a good thing), and #AmericaFirst?

You canā€™t have it both ways!

4 Likes

I think itā€™s only true-ish. I donā€™t think heā€™s a rank-and-file conservative at all. I think the people around him who have been best at enacting their agendas through him are from the most odious wing of cartoonishly evil conservativism. He probably appointed those judges because someone promised him ice cream.

4 Likes