A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Sean Spicer claims the botched, failed raid was “successful”.

10 Likes

14 Likes

#YEMENGHAZI
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-commando-idUSKBN15G5RX

Reuters has a new report on the raid in Yemen this weekend that resulted in the death of Navy SEAL William "Ryan" Owens. It includes some shocking claims from anonymous U.S. military officials:
  • Trump approved the raid without proper intelligence, ground support, or contingency plans.
  • The intelligence lapses caused the SEAL team to drop into a reinforced compound with a larger group of Al Qaeda soldiers than expected.
  • The “brutal firefight” that killed Owens also resulted in the deaths of 15 women and children, including an 8-year old girl.

Why it matters: A leak like this is highly unusual in the military community – and especially shocking when it comes just 12 days into a new presidency. It raises questions about Trump’s standing among his military leaders, as these officials have now thrown their commander-in-chief under the bus.

16 Likes

I hope whoever’s driving that bus takes the time to back up and run over him again a few times, just to make sure.

15 Likes

Just wait until you see Drumpf squeezed into a flight-suit…

16 Likes

The emperor has no wall.

16 Likes

Jackson created an ethnic cleansing, and was known for his war time activities against Native peoples… That’s a steep hill to climb to look better than that. Let’s not soft peddle what Jackson did in an attempt to call out Trump.

That being said, he’s emboldened and empowered lots of people who would very much like to carry out an ethnic cleansing of Muslims and brown people in general and depending on how bad things get, it could devolve into that. But we’re not at the Indian Removal Act yet.

7 Likes

In all fairness, he did it first.

4 Likes

What does that mean, exactly? “Target”? Like how? In what way?

The fuck…

6 Likes

I was wondering the same thing, in addition to “what Red State Democrats”?

6 Likes

Resistance to the current idiocy has a mascot.

Miss Kamala Khan of Marvel’s version of Jersey City.

12 Likes

Well, here… Hank Johnson, Stacy Abrams (minority leader in state house), John Lewis, David Scott, Sanford Bishop… ?

4 Likes

I think it’s just the general idea that blue senators in red states are under pressure to vote with Trump if they want to keep their jobs (or vice-versa, like Heller in Nevada).

e.g. Heitkamp, Manchin etc.

But the WH and its poor excuse for a press secretary really shouldn’t be so brazenly politicizing SCOTUS picks.

6 Likes

Agreed. But I think the politicization of SCOTUS picks predates this administration. They are just benefiting from it.

3 Likes

The White House staff now have both denied vehemently that he ever said any such thing, and explained that he was only saying it in a “lighthearted” comment.

11 Likes

12 Likes

I used to think "at least we wont have to worry about this sort of crap once the “dinosaurs” die off"

10 Likes

How Trump can build a U.S. autocracy: David Frum - Home | The Current with Anna Maria Tremonti | CBC Radio

5 Likes

I think that the consensus guess about what that means is swimsuit followed by evening wear…

9 Likes

A bit unexpected:

11 Likes