A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

Would you expect anything else?

9 Likes
5 Likes

Iā€™m sure thisā€™ll turn out well.

14 Likes

What if there was a vain, dangerous, narcissist given astonishing power? One who refuses to speak to legit media queries or be held to account?

And on one day soon he suddenly lost his twitter followers? Given the ridiculous vanity shown over the imaginary crowds at #inaugurationfail I suspect this could be his worst nightmare.

Couldnā€™t we turn our back on his 50 characters or less bile and just well ignore him?

If the media joined too wouldnā€™t he be forced to speak to them like an adult instead of sulking via tweet like a 15 year old?

Journalists are the voice of the people that hold power to account.

Mr Trump, I donā€™t follow you.

#Idontfollowyou #turnourbacks #nonviolentresistance

2 Likes

Including this because soon your domestic news will not be very clear about these sorts of things.

Note also a ban on dumping coal mining debris into streams has been lifted.

9 Likes

Iā€™ll need to dig up all of the things Trump called Obama, the UN, etc. for taking pretty much the same position.

14 Likes
1 Like

Some interesting thoughts on Trump from an actual friend of his (who didnā€™t vote for him), Howard Stern.

Howard basically says that he tried to convince Trump not to run; he says he fears that all of the pressure and anger from the public will be ā€œdetrimental to the mental healthā€ of a guy who thrives on approval and celebrity. Howard says he was dismayed at all of Trumpā€™s flip-flops to ultra-right-wing politics (given that they became friends when Trump was a liberal Democrat supporting Hillary) and is convinced that Trump only entered the race to boost ā€œApprenticeā€ ratings and is ā€œstill pissedā€ that he won ā€“ his theory is that heā€™s essentially trying to throw his Presidency to give it back to Hillary.

13 Likes

5 Likes

Alsoā€¦ water is wet and the sky is blue.

4 Likes

48 hrs after former Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson was sworn in as SoS, the Senate passed a resolution to scrap the ā€˜extraction ruleā€™. This now allows Exxon to make unlimited payments to foreign governments without any disclosure.

Coincidence, Iā€™m sure.

19 Likes

On that, Xeni retweeted this:

Can anyone confirm? Iā€™m a bit wary of legal twitter hot-takes.

5 Likes

So, yesterday there were some dramatic Secret Service management things?

but the guy writing about it is on an airplane at the moment.

5 Likes

Sounds like it wasnā€™t Secret Service per se, but the Chief Information Security Officer and staff of the cybersecurity division that works with the SS who were forced to resign, according to this fella.

6 Likes

last time I looked he was on the plane! Will have to catch up.

ETA: not Secret Service, some sort of White House ā€˜cyberā€™ type. Great.

3 Likes

I do wonder how much of this is just putting his own people in place but Trump is under such a microscope everything is being intensely scrutinized.

Maybe this will end up being the most transparent administration, because nobody is going to let them do anything on the quiet.

7 Likes

18 Likes

And Nixon actually did some good for the country as a whole.

6 Likes

I thought according to the injunctions Trump wasnā€™t allowed to cancel any visas? Or was this signed before the injunction took effect? Itā€™s getting so hard to keep track.:confounded:

2 Likes

Itā€™s incredibly confusing and hard to keep track. But as I understand it, the injunction specifically protected people in transit to the US with valid visas and green cards, as well as those detained at airports. If the reports from the VA courtroom are correct, the original EO he signed cancelled all visas held by people from the countries specified.

9 Likes