A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

That kind of grabbed the eye. WTF?!

7 Likes

This is what it must of felt like as Hitler and the Nazi party rose to power.

3 Likes

It struck me as a weird symbol that I was vaguely familiar with, but the post from @wanderfound led me to look it up and learn about its history. Fun fact: the National Sherrifs’ Association, which uses it in its logo, was founded in 1940 – well after that symbol was clearly defined and well known as a fascist icon.

2 Likes

It’s kind of representative of the whole situation.

At first glance, you see the overt fascism, and go “holy fuck, things are really bad now!”.

And then you have a second thought, and realise that those Sheriffs have been flying a fascist flag for a very long time. And nobody even noticed.

Nobody who was listened to, anyway.

3 Likes

Not my country. I expect things to be the same with little differences.

Flag different, sure.
Blue mailboxes, fine.
Temperatures are too damned high, check.
Law enforcement organization with a long existing fascist symbol… what?

Next you’ll be peeling off your faces to show your true selves to your god or something. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Putting this here due to the ICE assholery, but well done, Portland:

6 Likes
5 Likes

To be fair, it’s a privately-owned professional advocacy group that runs conferences, publishes a magazine, and lobbies for sheriffs – not a governmental or official law enforcement group.

1 Like

I don’t feel any need to “be fair”. They adopted that symbol at the height (so far) of Fascism, and didn’t feel the need to drop it during WWII or since.

Obviously too many people have “been fair” with them over the years.

4 Likes

Looks like Sertoma ditched that part of their logo somewhere along the way, but it sure caught my eye when I worked in a mailroom and saw it go past in a stack of mail…

The only professional certification they offer (at least according to wikipedia) is a homeland security certification. So, an organization of Sherrifs with a special focus on homeland security. Say what you will about the political optics, it probably isn’t misleading about their philosophical bent…

1 Like

Oh, I don’t have any feeling of sympathy or fairness towards a very scummy privately-owned group lobbying and profiting off of child concentration camps. I meant more “to be fair” we don’t have an official law enforcement organization using fascist iconography. Just a president openly advocating for such!

5 Likes

But will it pass?

If it does, we won’t need NYT’s audio to hear Mr. Miller screaming.

3 Likes

He’s desperate

4 Likes

I thought that Republicans were against desecration of the flag… go figure.

4 Likes

Does his wiping his fat ass with flag count?

Obligs:

4 Likes

“We have a House that’s getting ready to finalize an immigration package that they’re going to brief me on later,” Trump said, “and that I’m going to make changes to.”

Make changes? Could someone slowly explain to him the difference between executive and legislative branches of government?

Yes, maybe he means that he’ll veto it if they don’t make the changes he wants, but I really think he doesn’t understand. Someday Congress will spank him with an override, but probably not today.

3 Likes

Criminy, the man’s a walking desecration. I’d say he dishonors the flag just by standing next to it.

3 Likes