A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

Lay your bets: is the Gorsuch court shameless enough to resurrect the line-item veto?

3 Likes

Because the tent city thread has closed:

3,000 kids. 20 to a tent. JFCā€¦ This is why though I donā€™t believe in god(s), I believe in evil. It just doesnā€™t need a supernatural force to manifest.

Iā€™d say itā€™s inhumane, but we humans are proving ourselves all too adept at it.

7 Likes
3 Likes

Itā€™s escalating daily now.

8 Likes
7 Likes

https://twitter.com/joemacare/status/1009189039747018755?s=21

6 Likes

ā€œDonā€™t be evilā€.

https://twitter.com/biocuriosity/status/1009296609836855296?s=21

6 Likes

Nooooā€¦ really?

10 Likes
7 Likes

I feel like one long-term effect that the Trump presidency will have on the Executive branch will be solidifying rules and boundaries that up until now have been sort of loose understandings of ā€œthis is the way youā€™re supposed to actā€. Amendment 28: The Presidentā€™s Job Description.

I imagine this sort of conversation is happening on a daily basis:
ā€œIā€™m tearing up this treaty!ā€
ā€œMr President, youā€™re not allowed to do that. You have to go through the Pentagon, through Congress, and the committees responsible.ā€
ā€œAnd what will happen if I donā€™t?ā€
ā€œTheyā€¦ theyā€™ll be very upset. And the minority in Congress might propose a bill to protest it, which will fail instantly.ā€
ā€œwomp wompā€ rip

5 Likes

Reading between the lines the trump administration has renounced God:

Bolton defends US leaving Human Rights Council: ā€œWe donā€™t need ā€œhigher judgeā€ of our performanceā€ -TheHill

Evil prevails.

5 Likes

And Drumpf isnā€™t helping much as they try to find a solution. In fact, heā€™s arguably making things worse. Two House bills are under consideration, both of which would ease the Drumpf administrationā€™s policy of separating families at the border and reinstate protections for young undocumented immigrants ā€” protections Drumpf ended. Drumpf has been indecisive about which piece of House legislation heā€™d support.

[ā€¦]

ā€œHe didnā€™t really tell us what bill to vote for,ā€ Rep. Markwayne Mullin (R-Okla.) told Washington Post reporters outside that meeting.

FFS, grow a spine. Donā€™t wait for the vile ignoramus leading your party to run down a blind alley; dust off your moral compass and pick a direction. Do something, you fuckers.

4 Likes

The circumstances in which Twitter moves like greased lightning to address certain threats sure as fuck speaks volumes, doesnā€™t it?

10 Likes
2 Likes

Interesting take

4 Likes

!!!

ETA:
I have no idea what Trumpā€™s angle is in this. Iā€™m not sure he has any idea what his angle is. Near as I can make out, heā€™s been trying to manufacture a crisis, and now that outrage at the crisis is peaking, heā€™ll swoop in, fix the crisis he created, and look like a hero while pinning the blame on Democrats. Itā€™ll probably work to shore up support from his base, which is all he really cares about.

Hereā€™s hoping heā€™s misjudged it and the backlash sweeps his majority out from under him.

5 Likes

If you think heā€™s actually going to stop, youā€™re a fool.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s an insult to Thanosā€¦ which is really saying something, because I fucking hate Thanos as a character.

2 Likes

ā€œIā€™ll sign an order to tell me not to do that.ā€

Couldnā€™t he just stick a PostIt to his forehead to remind himself?

7 Likes

Maybe tie a string around his finger.

Or his neck.

2 Likes