A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

Will this ā€œstringā€ do?

3 Likes

Well, thereā€™s a budget bill coming down thatā€™s going to deliver more top-earner tax cuts while further guttin the ACA and Social Security.

While everyone was in justifiable outrage over the kids, no one had time to call their congressperson about the bill.

MFers literally hiding behind kids.

7 Likes

That looks like it will work pretty well. Itā€™ll need to be tied extra tight though, since heā€™s impulsive and awfully forgetful.

1 Like

Another, TERRIFYING possibility in this thread

I knowā€¦ Probably both.

3 Likes

Interestingly, that cover may cut both ways. The Senate just shitcanned Trumpā€™s $15 billion recission package on the strength of two republican defections, Susan Collins, and of all people, Richard Burr. Heā€™s not saying why he voted the way he did, but heā€™s not known for his independence. I think (based on nothing) heā€™d have toed the party line if he thought anyone was watching.

4 Likes

Yeah, probably both.

But thatā€™s a well presented theory and itā€™s made more credible by the fact that the National Gaurd is already being used to secure the border. If the camelā€™s nose isnā€™t actually in the tent yet, heā€™s damn well sniffing around the seams.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t she recently pen a private letter to her constituents ā€˜reluctantly supportingā€™ the current policy, or am I thinking of another congress critter?

3 Likes

She most certainly did. Her reputation as a moderate republican is almost completely unearned.

That said, Iā€™ll take anything that hinders Trumpā€™s agenda as a win, and Iā€™ll continue doing what I can to ensure that November 6 is a day of reckoning for both parties.

5 Likes

So will I; the enemy of good is ā€œperfect.ā€

5 Likes

I put this in the assholes thread but it is probably better off here.

10 Likes

Speaking of Miller, a friend of mine started a petition about that:

@noahdjango and @Heraclito might especially interested since itā€™s from the ATL area.

Iā€™ll post this in the trump resistance thread, too.

10 Likes

Thanks Dr. Mindysan.

2 Likes

Aaannnd thereā€™s our answer:

For those not in the know, Flores limits the amount of time minors can stay behind bars, and the conditions for their imprisonment. This is designed to gut Flores, making the indefinite imprisonment of minor children allowable.

6 Likes

They just lay around in their own filth and think of evil shit to do to people donā€™t they? JHC

6 Likes

Fucking hell. Trump never retreats, just advances in a new, more horrible direction.

Taken together with the SCOTUS Jennings V. Rodriguez decision, modification of the Flores settlement will allow the government to indefinitely detain anybody who is not is naturalized US citizen together with their family members while ICE decides what to do with them.

Actually, Iā€™m not too sure about that exception for naturalized citizens. Itā€™s clear that legal resident aliens are at risk. Does anyone smarter/more knowledgeable than I have a read on this?

Edited because I shouldnā€™t drink and type. Twice.

7 Likes

Morons

Fuck this. Iā€™m going out for a drink.

Superman%20Drinking

10 Likes

Way ahead of you. Cheers!

3 Likes

Goddamn, it just gets more and more awful.

5 Likes

Which brings us back to what I predicted in 2014:

4 Likes

Werenā€™t they ever taught that thereā€™s always ā€œa ratā€ in ā€œseparationā€?

6 Likes