A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

Iā€™m going to preface this by saying I voted for Hillary, so that itā€™s not interpreted as being insulted or anything of that nature.

We need to put that away now. Focus on getting the country back on track, not blaming people for where we are now, with the exception of those that are

currently running the country into the ground.

3 Likes

Or didnā€™t vote because ā€˜both parties are the sameā€™

FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU ALL WITH A GODDAMN SAGUARO CACTUS.

4 Likes

Looking backwards is pointless right now; we must focus on the work aheadā€¦

5 Likes

Hereā€™s a thought: if you donā€™t hold people accountable for their actions in the past, they never learn.

2 Likes

Yeah. Iā€™m sick of seeing infighting on the left. Focus that rage people.

1 Like

Yeah, I deleted that.

This post of yours yesterday pulled me out of a headlong dive into despair (not kidding).

Need to print that out and stare at it every time I start to feel helpless.

5 Likes

Indeed. It can always get worse.

The decision about the california law is already a step in overturning Roe, with Clarence Thomas writing the majority opinion. Funny that when Anita Hill gave her testimony about how Clarence said that it was a ā€œhigh tech lynchingā€ and that the left was afraid of him overturning Roe, in a tone as if that was a silly concern. Itā€™s not.

I think they are further from overturning Obergefell, but thatā€™s not out of the realm of possibility, either.

Indeed. Our fundamental right to good health care is not to be fucked with.

4 Likes

Same here; ā€˜Bitter Bitch Syndromeā€™ never solved any problems.

We can talk about accountability and culpability once weā€™re no longer in danger of imploding, right this fucking moment.

Good.

Like I said, I have to be my own ā€˜mental cheerleaderā€™ everyday, just to keep on going. (Thatā€™s much harder than it sounds, being that Iā€™m not naturally ā€˜an optimist.ā€™)

The road ahead isnā€™t easy and the fight is uglyā€¦ but itā€™s not hopeless, unless we just give up and let the fuckers win without a fight.

And for me thatā€™s simply not an option; Iā€™ve survived too much and come too far to just ā€œlay down and die.ā€

5 Likes

Handmaidā€™s Tale is going to get real. Real fast.

2 Likes

No, itā€™s fucking NOT.

Stop speaking in definitive statements, like this shit is already over.

It%20AIN'T%20Over

Now is not the time for defeatism.

5 Likes

I hear 'ya I really do but, trump and co. are going to put another one of their lackeys in his place no matter what we do.

Fight we will but a shit ton of damage is coming our way.

1 Like

I am aware, and I still plan on fighting every step of the got damn way.

5 Likes

Somebody send Ruth a box of granola bars! STAT

6 Likes

About all we can hope for is Dā€™s taking over the Senate this November and McConnelling Trumpā€™s nominee until heā€™s hopefully voted out in 2020. This assumes that by some miracle Dā€™s take over the Senate and manage to not fuck things up like they usually do when in power.

7 Likes

Hey Mueller please hurry up. I know this shit takes time but I donā€™t know how much we have left.

5 Likes

Show people a better direction. Show them how doing things differently benefits them. There is definitely a place for accountability, but punitive actions are a blunt instrument. Youā€™re not going to shame people into voting with you, and itā€™s certainly not going to make them stick with it in the long run.

You need to build a foundation and an environment where they can do the right thing in the first place, and encourage them to do so.

Save the shaming for the people with power, that need to be taken down a notch, not those that need to be lifted up in the first place.

(ā€¦and damn it, donā€™t push anyone away that could be working against what is happening now.)

2 Likes
1 Like
7 Likes

Iā€™m going to ink extra instructions onto my driverā€™s license in case something happens to me! ā€œIt all goes to RBG!ā€

7 Likes

Yes please.

Iā€™ve been thinking the same for Robert Mueller. Take good care, OK?

5 Likes