A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

David Perdue shows us how civility is done!

4 Likes

I expect Trump and his handlers are paying attention to this.

6 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

They assassinated a dissident? NO! How surprising!

ds9-quark-shocked

Iā€™m actually a little shocked they plan to admit itā€¦

6 Likes
6 Likes

Watch: The Oligarchs - Al Jazeera Investigations

(50.01)

4 Likes

ā€œNo Mr President, we canā€™t send gunboats to Scotland to ā€˜civilize the nativesā€™.ā€

6 Likes

TI is an Atlanta treasure!

3 Likes

It is, apparently, hard out there for a political party with a total stranglehold on the entire federal government.

9 Likes

In the world of association footballā€¦

https://metronews.com.br/esporte/futebol/barca-deve-diminuir-relacao-com-ronaldinho-apos-ex-jogador-apoiar-bolsonaro

The second one is about Ronaldinho losing his position as ambassador of Barcelona FC because of his support for Jair Bolsonaro. For some reason a football club that was suppressed by Franco isnā€™t keen on militaristic fascism.

No news from the Mussolini loving shitstain Paolo di Canio yet. Letā€™s hope it stays that way.

7 Likes

Clearly, theyā€™re trying to position themselves to be able to cut all those things. Iā€™d like to say it would be political suicide, but I donā€™t even know anymore.

7 Likes

If they cut SS I will buy a gun. I will not be alone.

3 Likes

Yeah, but youā€™re already opposed to much of their policy positions. Everyone keeps saying this is a third rail, but I wonder just how effective the fox news propaganda is for the group of people who would be most impacted by losing their social security benefits or medicare benefits?

If that happened, I honesty donā€™t know what weā€™d do, given that my mother absolutely depends on those to live. That being said, I suspect sheā€™d STILL vote for the GOP, because reasonsā€¦

10 Likes

The GOP will probably rig up some sort of subsidy to placate the red state base like they are doing now with the farm belt. The subsidy will be temporary of course and after a few years people will grow numb to the idea.

Then poof.

An interesting parallel is Russiaā€™s recent pension ā€˜reformā€™.

"Aristotle believed that some unpleasant animals are born from dust and dirt alone, without creators. The same thing seems to apply to Russiaā€™s pension reform. The reform has many defenders, but the authors are never in sight. State and regional deputies, officials, TV presenters and even representatives of the Russian Orthodox Church all agree: raising the retirement age is definitely a blessing. But there is no person in power who would go out to the people and say: ā€œYes, and this is my decision.ā€ "

ā€œThe latest scheme of how the Russian regime seeks to win approval for unpopular economic measures is gradually emerging. Such measures will appear by themselves ā€“ as if by magic, out of nowhere. They will not be bound to representatives of the authorities, and especially ā€“ will have nothing to do with the president. Those measures will then be framed as justified, meaningful, and even supposedly useful to Russians. Then the authorities will distract the Russians, by any means possible, from discussing those measures in a thoughtful manner.ā€ -OpenDemocracy

FoxNews is helping trump to do this last bit already.

Edit: Added content

6 Likes

The only ā€œsilver liningā€ to this is if it happens theyā€™ll be killing off a lot of their own base, as well as Brown and Black people who arenā€™t rich or powerful.

6 Likes

Turns out Congressman Swamp Thing isnā€™t that popular in the deep red 27th of NY

His opponent finds the whole thing to be pretty lulzy

Iā€™ve seen tons of Nate signs here but not a single Chris one the past few weeks :rofl:

3 Likes

No, really, tell me again how if someone doesnā€™t vote, itā€™s because theyā€™re lazy or apathetic.

(there is no such license.)

Finally reached for comment, the official in question said they were ā€œuncomfortableā€ letting grown-ass adults leave the senior center.

But they were also quick to note that ā€œno[body] was denied their right to voteā€, which is technically correct in the most technical of senses; these people were not told they couldnā€™t vote. They were told they couldnā€™t take the bus being provided to get to the polling station. Totally different.

And of course:

16 Likes

Georgia GODDAMN!

This shit is so sickening.

Iā€™m gonna get up and dance some if Stacey Abrams manages to beat that stateā€™s resurgent white supremacy.

12 Likes
4 Likes