A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Yes and the WSJ is contributing:

1 Like

Clinton running again has been pretty obvious ever since she released her book.

2 Likes

I think the old school Republicans will try to make one last stand. They won’t sway the Know Nothings, but they could try telling the Evangelicals that with 2-3 SCOTUS seats, they’ve got what they wanted and it’s time to re-evaluate.

Mueller and the house might be biting by then, and sooner or later the economy is going to have a sugar crash.

The serious ones will probably hang back and wait for the Democratic lineup, but maybe they’ll throw in a sacrifice to draw the fire first.

2 Likes

And they will fail miserably.

2 Likes

Oh yeah. Not a chance that they could primary Trump unless he was in flames or had a mental breakdown. They’d primary Pence in a heartbeat.

They could Never Trump, but that wasn’t very effective or sincere the last time.

/popcorn

1 Like

So did I at first. Upon further reflection however, I’m not sure it’s a good idea to give them martyrs.

1 Like

groans
writes post
deletes post and writes meta-post to indicate despair, fear and angst
tries to keep away from the internet and news for a while

4 Likes

9 Likes
4 Likes

Huh. The NRA has been right this whole time. Guns don’t kill people, registered Republicans do.

8 Likes
7 Likes

Loesch is horrified that people awaiting trial still have rights, and that those rights include voting. Even the state of Florida has not yet found a way to summarily cancel a person’s constitutional rights on the basis of personal animus, though I suppose you can make a case that targeted disenfranchisement does the same thing.

Anything that shuts up Dana Loesch should be considered a public service.

6 Likes

aggressive-breakfasting|nullxnull

8 Likes
4 Likes

I wish newspapers would use judgement in treating Trump tweets like they were real.

This story’s headline:

If it was a real action, then that would be a US constitutional problem, because I doubt Trump has the authority to do that. (States Rights!) But it was based on yet another dyspeptic tweet.

By reacting to every Trump tweet it’s like all news and media are giving Trump a 5 bell newswire straight into their organizations. They may be pro-Trump, skeptical or critical, but they’re all still dancing to his tune.

8 Likes

4 Likes

feels Trumpian to me…

6 Likes

There’s more shittiness underneath; see this thread for details.

8 Likes

It’s been predicted before, and here it is. Armed security guard stopping a mass shooter gets shot and killed by police responders. For bonus suckiness, of course he was black.

17 Likes

TLDR: these men are begging to be “cleanly” shot instead of being tortured to death.

5 Likes