A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

Isnā€™t it a ā€˜real actionā€™? This is at its weakest an exhortation by the President that federal law be ignored.

Iā€™d say that is a constitutional problem. Itā€™s certainly worth reporting. The amazing thing is that Trump keeps doing this and the US political and legal system is completely unwilling to do anything about it.

It just gets shrugged off (much as you have) as ā€œOh, its just Trump tweeting rubbish.ā€

1 Like

Oh no, not shrugged off. Just not in the twitch-reaction news cycle that letā€™s him control the news with a constant barrage of tweets. Push it back to the editorial cycle that explains in the gravest terms why he canā€™t mess with state powers.

Reacting to his tweets on time-delay, as if he was from Pluto would be an idea, except that there are some that do need an immediate reaction.

News organizations need to do better editorial triage of his tweets. Each tweet costs him a brain-fart and a minute to thumb it in (less if heā€™s dictating). Reacting to them takes news organizations much longer. and fewer readers will follow the details.

2 Likes

What amazes me is that Congress and the Senate are apparently perfectly happy to let the President of the United States keep making official statements that are in flagrant breach of his constitutional responsibilities and/or blatantly stupid and/or contradict official US policy (as delivered to the world by the people appointed by the President to do so).

No matter what they think of his politics or how tribal their loyalties are, is there not a point where it becomes obvious that this man is not interested in actually being President as the Constitution envisages the role?

Heā€™s interested in (some of) the trappings of being President and heā€™s interested in exercising the sort of power he thinks the President should have but clearly not in actually just being President.

4 Likes

A top official shrugging off an audio recording off as evidence of torture. You know, sounds like a typical day in the Trump admin.

4 Likes

I guess this is going to be the big story of the week

7 Likes

Iā€™m gonna go out on a limb and say thatā€™s not a coincidence.

7 Likes

Really?

Obviously I donā€™t know much, but I get this feeling like nationalism in the west is entirely sourced back to Russia.

3 Likes

To be honest, Farage and the whole UK-out-of-Europe idea is older than the current incarnation of the Russian state. So, maybe.

1 Like

Another one under the bus. Or she jumped.

3 Likes

her firing might prompt Kelly to quit, the Journal reported. Trump is aware of that possibility and said he probably would replace Kelly with Nick Ayers

Do you think this is a tacit admission that Kelly has had enough too?

2 Likes

Iā€™m wondering if acting cabinet members qualify for Amendment 25. Theyā€™d need the VP + 8.

The ā€œprincipal officers of the executive departmentsā€ are the fifteen Cabinet members enumerated in the United States Code at 5 U.S.C 101:[7][8][9]

If going by ā€œintentā€, in 1967, they would have been thinking about nuclear decapitation, the lack of senate availability. No doubt the Federalist Society has notes on that.

2 Likes

If she has a soul sheā€™s hated being out front on immigrant and refugee detention, and sheā€™s been working up to leaving ever since.

1 Like

Oh great, we can add Francophobia to the list now.

Thereā€™s just so much wrong to unpack here and I just canā€™t evenā€¦

7 Likes

That sounds about right

5 Likes

With his fucking track record, I have a hard time believing Trump hasnā€™t been hit with any paternity testsā€¦

2 Likes

My favorite part of that article:

Trumpā€™s chief economic adviser, Larry Kudlow, lashed out at White House trade adviser Peter Navarro after Navarro, a trade protectionist, took aim at Wall Street and corporate influencers pushing a less aggressive stance against China.

The lead proponent of stupid, backwards and wrong attacks the vanguard of wrong, backwards and stupid.

Didnt David Pecker allegedly squash a story about an illegitimate trump baby and a doorman?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Didnā€™t I read that Stormy Danielsā€™ nondisclosure agreement included mention of children? I remember taking note of some of the stuff in that agreement that clearly didnā€™t apply to Daniels but that appeared to have been included as part of boilerplate language suggesting that it may have been necessary in other cases.

4 Likes

Donā€™t expect Twitter to cork him.

4 Likes

The big ā€œOh, Shit!ā€ moment of the day for the Trump admin

7 Likes